Chapter 17: Heart-wrenching Pain

Elena slowly wiped the medicine from the silver knife with her handkerchief.

She closed the study door, and behind her was Elvira lying on the ground. Her eyes widened in disbelief.

The funeral was not simple, but very few people came.It was at this moment that Oswald realized that he was completely unfamiliar with Vanessa's social circle and didn't even know who to invite.

In the end, it was only Oswald who carried a small box of ashes and accompanied his bodyguards to the cemetery.

He had chosen this place a long time ago.Although it was Vanessa who used a scheme to force him to get married, if Oswald really didn't want to, who could force him?He also liked Vanessa.

Even on the day of their marriage, he had already made plans to grow old together and wanted to be buried together.

He hadn't expected this place to be used so early.Her ashes were put into the cemetery.

Oswald personally shoveled the soil and slowly buried his wife.

Oswald sat quietly in the cemetery, looking at the photos on the tombstone, but he still seemed to be living in a dream.

Oswald laughed self—deprecatingly, "Actually, it's not very happy, is it?"Inch by inch, his fingertips flashed past the tombstone. Oswald's voice was indescribably deep,

"In the end, you changed first, but I still love that vicious you."

Once a person passed away, many of the vicious things she had done would be wiped away, leaving only a smile on her face, imprinted in his mind and lingering in his mind.

"I don't believe you committed suicide. I will definitely find out the truth," Oswald said solemnly in front of Vanessa's cemetery.

After a day of rain in the cemetery, Oswald had just entered the villa when he coughed and caught a bad cold.

His voice was hoarse, dizzy, and he couldn't have strength to interrogate Elvira.

When Oswald recovered, he discovered that Elvira had already died. The bodyguard was also shocked.

Elvira had been on hunger strike for some time.The bodyguard never noticed anything wrong with her food.

"What's going on?" Oswald fiercely kicked the door, "She died right in front of you!"

The bodyguard felt guilty and lowered his head without saying anything.

Oswald was so furious.

He still went to invite a family doctor to examine the cause of her death.

"From the looks of it, it is because of the respiratory edema caused by the allergy that blocked his breathing and suffocated him to death."

The family doctor frowned doubtfully, "Elvira has severe allergies to peanuts and seafood."

From the looks of it, it was an accident?Oswald didn't believe that the successive deaths in the villa was a coincidence, but now even the only witness had died.

He couldn't do anything about it.

"Scram!" Oswald fiercely punched the door, and even the door was hammered with a hole,

"What are you still doing here?"The crowd dispersed, leaving Oswald alone in the villa, feeling as if he had entered Vanessa's cage.

The small decorations in the living room were carefully chosen by Vanessa. The pillows on the sofa were also chosen by Vanessa when the two of them were married.

Although their marriage has already been exist in name only, they had a sweet time together.There were traces of Vanessa's life everywhere in his life, along with her virtuous figure.

He cried like a child, tears dripping down, but no one would ever kiss his tears gently again.

Later on, Vanessa became vicious, and she did many wrong things.But Oswald still remembered Vanessa's purest days.

He was willing to clean up Vanessa's mess, shoulder all the things Vanessa had done on his own, and even atone for her sins.He had long thought that he did not love Vanessa.

However, time had taught Oswald a hard lesson. No matter how intentionally he tried to escape, the softest part of his heart was still occupied by Vanessa.

"Why can't you get along with me?" Tears oozed out from the corner of Oswald's eyes. He raised his head and gulped down a mouthful of ice beer, "Why must you bring someone to rape Elena?"

"I love you so much, but you hurt me again and again."

Oswald let out a deep roar, as if he wanted to express the depression in his heart.

"You don't celebrate my birthday, and you're still hanging out with other men, it's obviously you who betrayed our marriage first."Oswald used the back of his hand to wipe away the tears at the corner of his eyes.

The cold liquid could no longer relieve the pain in his heart.

This was the real heart—wrenching pain.

Oswald used his busy work, Vanessa's aftermath and interrogating Elvira to cover up the pain in his heart.And Elvira's death was the last straw.

"I can quit, I can let you go, I can let you leave with Kerwin, but I can't accept losing you."

Oswald couldn't control the pain in his heart as tears rolled down his cheeks.