Chapter 31: Truth

Looking at the evidence gathered by the assistant, Oswald only felt ironic.

He had protected Elena for so long, but it turned out that she was a vicious woman.

She clearly had a soft exterior, but everything she did in private was shocking.

Only then did Oswald realize that he had lost himself in her innocent appearance like a small white flower and had been tricked for such a long time.

He even hurt his beloved and misunderstood her for so many years.

"Bring me that bitch." Oswald was so furious that he coughed angrily and even pulled the wound on his shoulder.

The assistant hesitated for a moment before asking,

"Are you talking about Miss Martha or Mrs. Simon?"

Like a sharp knife, it stabbed straight into Oswald's heart.

"Bring the two of them here." Oswald's voice was filled with exhaustion.

He did not expect that in the eyes of others, Vanessa did not receive a trace of kindness from him.…

Vanessa was physically and mentally exhausted. She didn't want to get involved in the love triangle anymore.

Compared to being deeply injured by Oswald, Vanessa was more willing to wish the two of them a hundred years of harmony.

She did not want to have any ties with Oswald.

However, she was unable to resist Oswald's insistence and was invited to Oswald's ward. Vanessa was earlier, and Elena had not arrived yet.

"Mr. Simon, if there's nothing else, I'll go back first."Vanessa was expressionless, and her attitude was cold.

She was in a hurry to leave.

This knowledge made Oswald's heart ache.

Vanessa wasn't even willing to stay with him in a room.

His heart ached, and his face was filled with sorrow.

However, he was still stubborn and unwilling to let Vanessa leave this place.

"Vanessa, don't go, okay?"Vanessa looked at Oswald strangely.

She was clearly the one who was abandoned.

Why did Oswald put on such an injured expression?

"Why am I staying here?" Vanessa slowly opened Oswald's fingers with a numb expression on her face.

Why was Oswald unwilling to let her leave with dignity? He must torture her.

Vanessa was really afraid that she would cry out loudly and bitterly.

Can't he give her one last trace of dignity and let her leave this love more decently?

Originally, she thought that Oswald was sincerely trying to keep her, but the moment she saw Elena, Vanessa knew that she was wrong.

"Oswald, are you looking for me?"Elena's voice came from outside the door.

She pushed open the door of the ward with joy.

However, when she saw the two people holding hands in the ward, there was an expression of surprise on her face that could not be concealed.

"Vanessa, what are you doing?" Elena hesitated, looking completely unacceptable.

Vanessa withdrew her hand, and her expression was very uncomfortable.

"I have to go." Vanessa turned around and hurriedly walked out of the door,

"I will get out of your way. I wish you happiness."Tears flowed down the corners of her eyes.

Vanessa's back was facing the two of them, but she didn't dare to show any signs of trembling.

"Pa!"Behind her was a loud slap, and Vanessa was stunned.

Elena covered her face in disbelief.

"Oswald," Elena forced a smile on her face,

"Did I make you unhappy?"

"You didn't make me unhappy, but you made my wife unhappy." Oswald slowly withdrew his hand and forced himself out of the hospital bed.

"So, you deserve this slap."Step by step, he slowly walked in front of Vanessa, held Vanessa's hand, and brought her back to the seat beside the hospital bed.

Seeing the tears at the corner of Vanessa's eyes, Oswald felt even more heartache.

He hurriedly pulled a napkin from the side and gently wiped away her tears.

"Vanessa, why are you still crying?" This was the first time Oswald realized that a girl was such a delicate creature.

Easy to cry, easy to get hurt.Vanessa's tears couldn't help but flow down, but she didn't know if she was touched or sad.

This was a scene that she had been looking forward to for a long time.

When she argued with Elena, Oswald could stand behind her unconditionally and protect her.

Instead of believing that woman's sweet words.

Now that she finally had this kind of treatment, she was no longer in the same mood as before. She no longer had the courage to love Oswald deeply.

"I'm fine." Vanessa stopped her tears and said with a calm expression,

"You'd better go and coax Elena."She did not believe that Oswald would stand by her unprincipled.

Unless Oswald had a plan, he would not reprimand his sweetheart. He should love Elena very much.

"Why should I coax that woman?" Oswald held Vanessa's hand and half knelt on the ground with a gentle expression,

"You are my wife."

"Ever since I was stabbed to death in the basement, our marriage has been automatically dissolved. Mr. Simon, if you want to get something from me, you don't have to put on such a face."Vanessa couldn't believe Oswald's kindness and love for her.

She was afraid that this was a trap with bait.

She had jumped down without hesitation, but she almost lost her life.