Chapter 14: Run Away

The doctor who bandaged the wound had changed to a female doctor. Elena was nest in Oswald's arms. As long as Oswald wanted to leave, she would say she had a headache. She pulled Oswald's clothes and called out Vanessa's name.

She looked terrified as if Vanessa was right in front of her, about to kill her.The juice of the weeds had already seeped into the wound, and Elena did not cooperate with the treatment, so the doctor could only disinfect it simply and apply the medicine again.

After this stimulation, Elena became even more fragile. She was unwilling to let Oswald take a step away. As long as Oswald showed signs of leaving or being distracted, she would immediately cry and make trouble.

Seeing Elena finally fall asleep, Oswald took a deep breath and sat in front of the window, looking at the night scene outside.There were too many things that confused his thoughts.

In the middle of the night, Oswald was lying on the hospital bed. His handsome face was tightly frowning because of the pain, and his fists were tightly clenched.

He dreamed that Vanessa was standing in front of him. Her face was unprecedentedly pale, and her body emitted bursts of cold air.

She spoke of her love in a familiar voice.He saw that Vanessa suddenly stretched out her hands and grabbed his neck.

The strength in her hands grew stronger and stronger, wanting to kill him and elope with Kerwin.

After a night of nightmares, Oswald looked very terrible. Especially when Oswald realized that the suffocating feeling came from the tie wrapped around his neck, he was more angry.

"Oswald, didn't you sleep well?"Elena's face was pale, causing Oswald to frown.

He almost thought that it was Vanessa who appeared in front of Thinking of this, he couldn't help but laugh self—mockingly.

Vanessa was at home now, and had a comfortable life. She was probably crying to get Elvira to let her elope with that man.

However, he didn't know that the darkness had buried all the secrets."I'm going to the company. I'll bring you back whatever you want to eat."

Oswald did not notice his perfunctory treatment of Elena and only hurriedly left the room.

Elena still had a sweet smile on her face, and watched the man go out. Then the smile on her face disappeared.

Oswald's heart would still be easily moved by Vanessa.Elena called Elvira and said, "How is that thing going?"

"Miss Martha, don't worry, everything has been arranged."Elvira's voice carried a flattering smile.

Oswald took care of Elena in the hospital for a week. Oswald became thinner and thinner. Even the black circles on his face were thicker. He looked very tired.

He had been tortured by nightmares.

Night after night, Vanessa would appear in his dreams on time, giving him a feeling of discomfort and a chill day after day.

Even though he was a little uneasy, Oswald could not go back to the villa. For no other reason, Elena could not do without him now.

In the middle of the night, Oswald once again appeared in a dark place. The surroundings were very hot.

Vanessa was standing in front of him with a bright smile on her face, "Oswald, I love you very much."Oswald's face was gloomy, and his eyes were filled with impatience."Nobody loves you more than me, Mr. Simon."

The smile on Vanessa's face gradually collapsed, and her skin and flesh fell off one by one, "I can't accompany you anymore. I've already given you everything."

Deep into the night, Oswald suddenly opened his eyes and swept his sharp gaze across the ward.

He now had a feeling of unease.

Looking at Elena who was still asleep, Oswald got up, put on his coat, left the ward gently, and drove back to the villa.He needed to see Vanessa to calm his heart.

The villa was completely silent.

Oswald unlocked his fingerprint lock and went upstairs along the stairs in the darkness, arriving in front of Vanessa's room.When his fingertips touched the door handle, Oswald suddenly felt a sense of cowardice that he hadn't experienced in a long time.

The door opened. Oswald looked at the bulge on the bed and thought he was overthinking it.

"Elvira, where is Vanessa?"Oswald's voice was indescribably deep, carrying an imposing aura that made people tremble.

Elvira who was woken up in her sleep was a little unhappy, but she still said respectfully, "Sir, Mrs. Simon should be sleeping in her room now."

"Come up!"Elvira was so scared that her hand trembled. Her phone fell to the ground. Why did Oswald come back at this time?As she hurriedly walked upstairs, Elvira looked at the doll in Oswald's hand in horror.

She lowered her head and her nervous teeth were trembling, "Sir, why did you suddenly come back?"Oswald's big hand was tightly pinching the doll, and he was extremely furious.

He couldn't eat well or sleep well in the hospital.

He was so concerned about Vanessa all the time.

But when he came back, he actually found that Vanessa had escaped!

"View the surveillance video around the villa. I want to see where Vanessa can go."Oswald clenched his fists tightly.

He won't let them go when he caught them.

He would break Vanessa's legs and lock her up in the villa so that she wouldn't be able to go anywhere.