Chapter 28: A Shooting

Suddenly, Vanessa's hand that was holding the coffee cup trembled slightly and she lowered her head in panic.

Who could tell her why Oswald was here? Vanessa's actions shocked Hermosa, who was drawing.

"What's the matter?" Hermosa asked with concern, worried that Vanessa was not feeling well.

The wind chimes rang at the door and someone entered the store.

Vanessa's trembling hand suddenly calmed down.

She pulled her hair together, a gentle smile on her face as she looked at the cold and stern face of the man in front of her.

"Mr. Simon."

Vanessa nodded politely.

"Why don't you stay in the hospital and wait for me to pick you up?" Oswald sat across from Vanessa.

Hermosa left considerately and hid at the cashier's desk.

"Thank you for your concern, Mr. Simon." The smile on Vanessa's face was polite, as if he was just an optional item.

This feeling made Oswald very uncomfortable.Vanessa now had a wonderful ability, and within a few words, he was speechless.

Every single sentence was obviously normal, but it made him unable to answer.

"Vanessa, I'm here to pick you up." Oswald tried his best to be gentle, and the cautiousness in his tone was obvious.

"It's impossible for the two of us to continue being together." Vanessa smiled,

"The one who loved you back then, Vanessa, has already died in the basement."

"Back then, I was too extreme, but you were too intimate with that Kerwin, and even let him take you away …"Oswald's voice was filled with grievance.

This was something that Vanessa had never seen before.

Ever since the two of them met, Oswald had always appeared with a strong attitude.

His attitude towards Vanessa was also extremely vile.

When had he ever been soft—tempered?Vanessa's expression was a little complicated as she looked at the man in front of her.

"You might as well investigate what happened at that time."Vanessa said these words, but she didn't want to say another word.

"Vanessa, I..." Before he could finish his sentence, Oswald inadvertently looked out of the window. His eyes suddenly sharpened, and he suddenly stepped forward and pushed Vanessa away.

"Bang!"

A slight shot with a silencer installed sounded.

Vanessa was pushed to the ground, her head heavily knocked on the chair, and she couldn't help but feel dizzy.

Her body was severely suppressed by a heavy object.

After struggling for a while, Vanessa could clearly see that the person who was pressing down on her was already unconscious.

She reached out to help Oswald up, but Vanessa could only feel the wet blood on her hands.

The black suit on Oswald's body was wet with blood.

"Hurry up and call 120!"Vanessa's heart suddenly tightened, as if she was fiercely gripped by an invisible hand.

Hermosa, who was chasing the drama at the front desk, was shocked, and she hurriedly dialed the first aid number.

In just a few minutes of waiting for the ambulance to arrive, Vanessa seemed to have spent for a century.

She did not know how to deal with the gunshot wound, so she could only press the wound with her hands at a loss, but could not stop the blood from spraying out.

"Vanessa..." After a short faint, Oswald woke up, his voice was exceptionally weak, and his face was pale.

"Don't talk, don't talk," Vanessa's voice trembled, "The ambulance will arrive soon."Oswald raised his hand and his fingertips trembled slightly.

It looked like he wanted to touch Vanessa's face, but his hand weakly lowered.

"Oswald!" Vanessa shouted in disbelief, but she didn't see Oswald having any reactions.Her tears rolled down her cheeks and smashed into Oswald's hand.

Vanessa anxiously urged the ambulance, but when she turned her head, she did not notice that Oswald, who was lying unconscious on the stretcher, had a smile on her face.

The ambulance whistled past and took Oswald to the hospital.The lights in the operating room lit up, and Vanessa sat blankly outside the operating room, her thoughts confused with reality.

The news of Oswald's injury was quickly notified to the assistant, along with the lawyers from the Simon Group.

Everyone started to get busy in an orderly manner, except for Vanessa, who seemed to stay out of the way.

After Oswald stabilized his condition from the operating room for a short period of time, he was transferred to the large hospital in City H.

A person walked up to Vanessa and asked in a low voice,

"Mrs. Simon,  do you need to come back with us?"
"Alright." Vanessa's voice carried an imperceptible fragility.

A few days ago, she secretly swore in her heart that she would never be mixed up with Oswald's life again.

Now, something like this had actually happened.

Vanessa could not ignore it.

After bidding farewell to Hermosa, she took the assistant's car and arrived at the hospital in City H.

Naturally, the military hospital was better at dealing with this kind of gunshot wound. Oswald was rushed to the No.88 Hospital.

Vanessa was temporarily placed in the villa.Looking at the familiar spotless room, Vanessa was astonished.

She had thought that no one would ever set foot in the room again.

Oswald woke up within four hours after the emergency treatment.