New Ways Meets Old Habits

PLAY SONG NOW

January 2nd, 2016

I throw the covers off me and stand to my feet, looking around the lonely room.

"No luggage, no Harry. Great." I say to myself.

I don't understand. He should've woken me up. He should've said goodbye. This isn't happening. When did he leave? I reach for my phone on the dresser and the screen lights up.

'Good morning, Tilly. Have a safe flight home. – H'

Oh... so he's doing the sign off thing again, meaning he feels awkward with me.

The message was delivered only six minutes ago, meaning there's a possibility that he hasn't gotten on the plane and there could be a slight chance he's still downstairs in the lobby.

I throw my skirt on considering it's the only thing close to pants I have, not bothering to put a bra on or change out of his tee-shirt.

I run down the corridor and tap at the elevator button to go down to the lobby.

"Hurry up, hurry up. I won't let him leave me again, not without saying goodbye first."

The elevator doors part open and I jump in and violently press the ground button hard enough it could fall to the floor. The elevator takes its time getting to the ground but once the doors swing open, I see Harry surrounded by men in casual attire taking his suitcases as he signs out of the hotel. I watch as the paparazzi outside the clear glass walls of the hotel swarm like bees and Harry is their last chance of honey. He doesn't look up at me, but I begin to walk to him as a woman approaches me.

"I'm sorry, I've been asked to keep any fans at bay. Harry is a very busy man, dear." She says in a monotone voice.

"No, I'm his friend." I say trying to get past her.

"You all say the same thing." She laughs as she ushers two men in black jeans and black tee shirts. They're tall and muscly. Biceps almost ripping at the seams of the sleeves on their shirt. Security.

"No! Harry!" I yell out as one security guard backs me into the elevator.

"Miss, he's about to catch a flight you wouldn't want him missing it would you!" One says sternly.

"Harry Styles!" I yell out. His head darts to the elevator as I see him through the closing of the doors. He turns his body towards me but the doors close and that's the last I see of him.

I grab my phone and try calling him, but it goes straight to voicemail.

"Shit." I say falling back and leaning my head against the mirrored wall.

"Shit, shit, shit." I say throwing my hands up to my face to cover it, banging the back of my head against the wall with every curse word.

He's gone again.

I feel tears roll down my cheeks again.

"I didn't even get to say goodbye..." I say in disbelief looking back at myself in the mirror inside the elevator.

I feel my cheeks get puffy and the tears fall harder. The elevator door swings open gently, and I see Gemma standing at the elevator door.

"Tilly?" She says tilting her head, still in her pjs.

"Gem, he's gone... Harry is gone again... He left... I didn't get to say goodbye." I say through sobs. She comes towards me and I fall into her arms as she wraps her arms around me, flattening my hair and attempting to quieten me.