The Fish & The Boy

September 1st, 2019

I gently move the covers off me, careful not to wake Harry as he sleeps beside me with a little drool coming down the side of his mouth. I wipe away at it and he grumbles and rolls over away from me which makes me smile. I throw on his tee-shirt and walk downstairs and into the kitchen, staring at the pots hanging from the rack that hangs from the ceiling.

"Okay... I can do this... it's just breakfast. Right?" I say to myself as I blow at my hair to move it from falling down my face. I make my way to the fridge and open it noticing how bare it is.

"Um... Eggs, halloumi, butter, avocado... Why the fuck is the bread in the fridge?" I say naming the things I see and questioning Harry's food placement. I take them from the fridge and place them down on the marble countertop.

I take a frying pan from the rack and press a few buttons on the touch surface stove, and it begins to heat up.

"Thank god." I say to myself. I cut and throw the halloumi into the pan as well as cracking two eggs into silver circle holders on the pan. The food begins to sizzle, and I place two slices of bread into the toaster as well as begin cutting and slicing the avocado into small cubes, ready to spread on the toast. I finish cooking the dish and place it all together, finishing by cutting a lemon and drizzling it over the food as well as adding salt and pepper.

"Call me Gordon Ramsay holy shit..." I say as I admire the simple dish.

"I am taking a photo of this, Dad's gonna-" My blood runs cold and I feel my face drop.

"Right. Never mind." I say softly as I place my phone back into my pocket. Harry's footsteps down the stairs bring me back to the surface and I look up to see a very tired, curly haired, shirtless Harry Styles before me who scratches at the back of his neck with a tired smile and dark circles under his eyes. Sometimes I forget he's human and not some super rock god with tattoo covered arms and bedazzled Gucci suits.

"Hi." He smiles.

"Hey." I smile back.

"Tell me you post mated this because if you actually cooked I swear to god I'm gonna-"

"I cooked it." I cut him off and he smiles widely as he looks at the two plates.

"You're amazing. I'll make us coffee." He says as he plants a kiss on my forehead.

"I'm actually trying not to drink coffee, is a tea too much to ask for?" I say and he flips the kettle and looks at me with wide eyes.

"Well duh, you know tea is far too complex for me, Til." He says sarcastically with a wink as he takes two cups and a tea bag from the shelf. I smile at him and sit at the bench, taking the knife and fork in my hand and as I begin to cut, I throw the utensils down with a gasp.

"Oh my god! I almost forgot!" I cry and run to my suitcase that sits in the doorway where I left it last night before Harry and I went to bed. I unzip the suitcase, ignoring Harry calling out my name from down the hallway.

"Just a minute!" I shout. I pull out a medium sized dark blue leather box and open it to make sure it's still inside. I close the box shut and hold it behind my arms as I walk back to Harry who sets my tea down on the bench by the food.

"What's behind your back?" He says wearily and I smirk.

"Oh god... Is it an animal?" He says in a serious tone and I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah I kept a cat in my bag all the way from Edinburgh as well as keeping it in my bag overnight." I joke back and he throws his hands up in defence.