Home

A/N: PLEASE PLAY THE EXACT SONG THAT IS LINKED WHEN THE TIME SAYS SO!! VERY IMPORTANT. 

December 22nd, 2019

We climb into my car and Harry slumps down in the passenger seat and looks to the roof of the car and I press my head against the steering wheel with a heavy sigh. This is the seventeenth house we've looked at and not one of them has felt like home to Harry and I. I'm certain that our real estate agent Elena McBain is very tired of us by now. I lift my head from the centre of the steering wheel and run my hands down the rim of the steering wheel and I look over to Harry who has his eyes closed and his hands in his lap running up and down his trousers.

"We're gonna find it, I know we are." I say to him and he looks at me side on and smiles. Harry reaches his hand over to me and takes mine in his and raises it to his face, pressing his lips on my knuckles and planting a soft kiss. He lowers my hand in his and holds it in his lap, running his thumb over it and I smile.

"I love you." He says and I move over and take his chin in my hand softly and press my lips to his.

"Is that an 'I love you too', Harry?" He asks me with a smirk, and I nod at slowly.

"Definitely." I say and we sit in silence looking at one another for a little while, the soft singing of blue birds in the trees surrounding us makes me feel content and it reminds me of the garden at home in Holmes Chapel.

"We have a flight to catch in a few hours, maybe we call it a day." I say and Harry nods. I put the car into drive and move away from the curb and we drive down the street, oak tree leaves spilling sunny winter shadows over the road and I look down to my hand laced in Harry's and smile.

****** 

September 19th, 2010

Robin looks funny concentrating on the road, but I catch him occasionally mouthing the words to the songs. His hand rests on Anne's thigh, holding her hand in his. I want a love like that one day. I want to be loved like that. I'd like it very much if I could drive with my hand resting in someone else's, someone that cares about me the way I care about them.

******

"You okay?" Harry asks me softly, tilting his head forward to peer at me from the passenger seat and I smile.

"I'm perfect... You're perfect." I say and give him a sweet smile which he returns.

December 24th, 2019

"Boo fucker!" Harry shouts as he jumps from around the corner of the living room at Gemma in the hallway and she jumps, dropping her phone to the floor and she throws a weak punch at his shoulder and he laughs.

"I'm on the phone you dick!" She whisper shouts through gritted teeth and Harry presses his palms together and holds them to his lips.

"I'm sorry!" He whispers to her and she picks up the phone and holds it to her ear, dragging her suitcase through the front door.

"I'm terribly sorry about that, the TV was quite loud when I walked in and it startled me... anyways as you were saying..." She says as she walks into the living room and out to the backyard porch where she finishes her phone call.

"Whose she on the phone too?" Anne asks us and Harry and I shrug our shoulders. Harry takes her bags and suitcase upstairs and I sit at the bench with Anne as she pours me a cup of tea.

"I'm so glad you came home for Christmas, with all the house shopping I didn't think you'd make it, darling." She says as she stirs her tea in her favourite yellow mug with small blue flowers printed on it.