Temporary Love

A/N: Just a heads up: be prepared! 

Tilly's POV:

August 5th, 2016

The week was spent strolling around New York streets, both small and big. We visited as may landmarks as we could, but it became hard when paparazzi found out where we were. Harry got a text from his manager, Jeffrey, telling him to lay low for a day or two so they'd get thrown off and become less strict with waiting outside hotspots and hotels. Although we never really went to celebrity hotspots, rather we saw New York for what it is, and I couldn't be more grateful. Right now, I'm sat on the lounge watching the wilting sunflowers we got from the market the day we were in Brooklyn, whilst Harry takes the homemade pizzas from the oven. We leave tomorrow night and go our separate ways, but I'm not scared this time. The city lights a gentle blur from the rain pouring outside. I know as much as we can fight it, we'll always see one another and as much as I love him, I have to understand that it's not just me who will be affected by us being together. We're just too busy right now. I take the wine glass from the coffee table and top it up with extra red wine. Harry comes over and sits down next to me.

"What're you thinking of?" He asks, taking a bite of pizza.

"Just how happy I am." I say and his lips curl into a smile.

"Shall we watch a movie, then?" He asks and I smile.

Harry and I flick through movies for half an hour, arguing over what one to pick while stuffing our faces with pizza and sipping on wine. We eventually choose Titanic and it has a sense of irony to it. Two people, different lives coming together until iceberg hits and eventually kills one of them. Life is my fucking iceberg. We finish the movie, both in tears.

"I know that you're upset, Harry, but I need to mention the American accent of Kate Winslet..." I say passing tissues to Harry.

"If you even dare begin to analyse the masterpiece that is Titanic, I'll pour my wine over your head." He says sharply, his teeth gritted, and I laugh at how miserable he looks after watching.

"Dance with me?" I say, standing to my feet and offering my hand to him. He looks at me puzzled before smiling at me. He stands to his feet and looks down at me, our bodies so close together I feel myself melt and right here on the spot I could fall into a puddle. He looks down at me and my head slightly tilts up and he takes my hand with a sniffle of his nose.

He enlaces his fingers in mine as we stand on the spot, his left arm wrapping around my hips. I place my hand on his shoulder, resting softly on his black hoodie. I swallow hard and he asks if I'm okay to which I respond 'yes'. But in all honesty, I think I'm about to murder cupid. It's strange I feel like this because at the same time I feel like such a loser for falling for my best friend but on the other hand, I think I'm okay with it.

He leads me into a very slow waltz, spinning me around when he can, making me giggle. He pulls me in tight and we stand here for a second, the only sound inside the room being our breathing. His nose touches mine as he tilts his head down, our bodies still together firmly in dance position. I hear him swallow hard before I see his lips part slightly, the tip of his tongue touching his top lip. I stare at his lips wanting nothing more than to violently melt my own into them and beg him to touch me ways I can't let anyone else touch me. Purely because I've reserved them for him. Sure, I lost my virginity to Matthew Hart when I was eighteen, but I've never wanted anyone's physical affection as much as I crave his.

"It's getting late." He says.

My heart drops and I step away from him.

"That's true." I say and we break away awkwardly.