Canyon Moon

A/N: OKAY SO, the reason I wanted this to be a double update was that the chapter after this, 'Father', is quite a chapter emotionally to handle and I struggled to write it. But! Enjoy this chapter! It's the calm before the storm. 

January 11th, 2019

"But I can't love you..." I say to myself in the mirror as I stand in Harry's button up and my bra and underwear, a thick script in my right hand, tears falling down my cheeks dramatically.

"Because, Harrison! Simply put, love is a concept and we as a society have-"

I'm interrupted by my phone ringing on my bedside table.

"Harry!" I say, my mood doing a complete 180 as I wipe away at the fake tears on my cheeks.

"Hey, baby. I'm back in town as of tomorrow, wanna go on an adventure?" He says and I twirl my hair around my finger, walking around my room.

"Depends..."

"Depends on what!" Harry says with a scoff, more so a statement than a question and I laugh into the phone.

"Whether or not I get to kiss you." I whisper, biting at the fingernail on my thumb.

"Tilly girl, you can kiss me as much as you want." He says and my cheeks blush red.

"What time?" I ask him dramatically, almost in a Mrs. Darcy kind of way.

"I'll pick you up at 11, pack for a night away." He says and I can hear his smile in his voice.

"And what is the attire for the day, Mr. Styles?" I ask, following on with my Pride and Prejudice moment I'm feeling right now.

"Dress comfortably, Miss Jackson." He says cheerily and I grow excited.

******

"Woohoo!" He says as we drive down the curvy dirt road with the windows down, his sunglasses perched upon his nose as the sun sinks into the ocean and his hand rests on top of my thigh, his thumb drawing small circles on my skin and it sends me spiralling even further down that silly trail he and I have established as love. My hair whips behind me as the warm wind glides around the car and with an exhale I feel completely perfect with Harry beside me.

"Although I feel completely at bliss right now, we've been driving for seven hours." I say loud enough he hears me over the wind, and he smirks, a dimple rising in his cheek and he grips at my thigh.

"And?" He says sarcastically.

"Tell me where we're going." I say.

"You'll know in about half an hour." He says and I look out the window, not a sense of civilisation to be seen.

"Are you taking me out here to kill me?" I ask, turning down the radio.

"Most definitely. I intend to leave you out here." He says monotoned.

"Epic." I say back.

"No, there's no chance of that happening because a, I love you too much and b, you're too high profile to go missing and have no one care." He says and I nudge at his shoulder making him laugh.

We drive a little longer screaming the lyrics to old songs from the 50s and dancing in the car being stupid, playing eye spy and joking about things we did when we're younger... He even opens up about One Direction a little bit.

"Hey, put this on." Harry says handing me a bandana and I put it around my hair, but he laughs and shakes his head.

"What?"