KANNILAE KAAYAM ENNA ?

He stood rooted to the ground , taking his time to comprehend what her words meant.

And it had only one meaning !

So ?

He was withering in confusion when he heard footsteps of Ranil coming along with the elderly woman .

Mrs .Tamil welcomed him warmly .

Tamil : Vanakam thambi. Enda ooruku ningal vanthathil santhosham .

Kathir : Vanakam . instantly he got reminded of his mother . A strict yet lovable personality .Sorry ...naa late ah vanthuten. Naa call panni sollirukanum . Actually naalaiku than naa Colmbo la erunthu kelambra plan .En mistake than.

Tamil : Irukatum thambi .Ingada room ellam ready agirkoom . Ningal pasiaariyacha ?

That was a most beautiful way to ask whether you had food .

He was moved by her gesture & accent.

Kathir : Evening saaptachu .Thanks amma .
The word amma came without his knowledge. He was reminded of his own mother .

Tamil : Nallathu . Aana ..pinneram saaptitathu epadi kaanum ? Naa engada cook kitta solli dinner anupuren.

Kathir : Illa ..Ila . Nejamavae enaku pasikala .

Tamil :Apdi kathaikalaagathu . Kudikka yethenum konda vara sollavoo ?

Kathir : hm ..ok .Paal mattum .Pothum .

Tamil : Santhosham. Ingada pendugal virasa vanthranum endru naan yethirpaapen. Athan Mullaiyada kadumai ya pesinoom .

Kathir : Oh .. Athu yaaru ? Awalkaaga vanthu wait panrathu ? Yaaru.....

He totally forgot the old woman and seemed to speak within himself .

By and by they chattered and neared the dining that was adjacent to the office room and the long spacious veranda that opened up into a couple of separate rooms.

It was a big bungalow built with British heritage .
So the dining was a large hall with long dining tables and chairs that reminded him of the good old movies . The chairs and table itself were artistic.

Not to mention the interior decorations of the walls and room .

It was a fine piece of ancient British  architecture .

As they neared the hall , Ranil & the driver  came up with his luggage and other packs .

Kathir had a word with them and after ensuring once again that milk alone was fine with him he turned towards his room when ....

When that huge wall length potrait caught his attention .

It was a huge wall painting of Mrs .Tamil and a youny man embracing each with a divinely smile .
Not much left to imagination one can easily guess who he was .
Still ....

Kathir : Amma , ithu ..Neenga .Kooda erukrathu ?

Tamil : Haan ...ithu en pendu .Son .Amuthan.

Kathir : He froze for the second time .

All of a sudden a bitterness surged in .

Why ?