MAYANGINEN SOLLA THAYANGINEN

She was busy in her kitchen

She was busy in her kitchen .

But her thoughts were lingering around him and only him .

She was ranting to herself .

Mullai : Rascal . Paal venumaamla . Patcha kolanthai ! Vanthu oru naal mulusa mudiyaala . Athukulla ennaiya awan ishtathuku aati vaikran. Hmpt.

Hands were busy cutting the vegetables . She had always had a hand grinded stock of Chettinad type spices owing to the unavailability of native spices at NU .

Not once in her dreams she thought that she would be cooking for him , on this foriegn land .

And ofcourse she liked it .

She liked cooking for his palate .

Now she could relate with the enthusiasm and happiness with which her mom cooked for her dad .

This feeling was something different .

Mullai : Yethu kuduthaalum saapiduvanam la ?
Apadina ?
MV : Apadina enna nu unaku theriyaathu ? Nadikaatha .

Mullai : Athu enna apadi oru paarvai . Nethi evening than ennaiya  paathan . Paatha adutha nimisham mayangi awan kaikullaiyae vilunthu vachuten .Cha .
MV : Unaku athulla kavala maathri therilayae ?

Mullai : Ipo kaalaila erunthu pechum seri ella....paarvaiyum sari ella !!
MV : Awan unna paathatha paathu , nee kovapatta maathri therilayae .....neeyum  thana atha

rasicha ? Apuram enna ?

Mullai : Lunch venumaam la ?
MV : Nee thana venumanu ketta ? Pudikaatha maathri nadikaatha.
Time aaguthu , seekiram vellaiya mudi .Awan vara time aagiduchu .

Mullai : Vara time vantha ? Naa odanae poi nikkanuma ? Naa enna awan pondati ya ?
MV : Pinna ellaiya ? Awanku epadiyoo ! Nee apadi thana nenaikra ...nadanthukura ? Then ?

Her heart raced fast at her own revelations .

Yep .

She imagined so .

It was giving an immense happiness .

At the same time reality hit her .

He would be here for just two more days.

That's it.

After that ?

Well !!!

She stopped thinking beyond it .

Whatever it was .... whether he was committed or not ...she wanted these three days for all herself .

Days to cherish for the rest of her life.