BANDHAM

Disc : Nothing specific .Just to inform you guys not to be dissapointed with this chap as this doesn't contain any KM elements .

The story has to move forward . So it isn't possible to keep KM scenes in all chaps ...at this juncture .

So sorry guys , and give it a try .🙏

Nuwara Eliya :

The wedding day had arrived , with all pomp and posh , on the height of the social calendar , with all the near and dears gathered for the big day .

There were more invitees on the bride " s side .
Midhulla s mother ,Dr.Indira ,had come along with  close relatives from India.
Mrs .Tamil , the younger sister of Indira had taken care of all the boarding for the guests alongside her son Dr.Amuthan .

As for Ranil , there were more of friends and colleagues from his firm . His properitor had left to London on a business trip ,but only after wishing him all good , a big fat gift voucher along with his promotion to India .

Kathir had taken the responsibility of the groom " s parent and stood by his word . Mullai though being Midhulla s best friend , had taken the groom s side .

Kuttu was the happiest .

Sadha tagged along with the tiny man where ever .......

The wedding took place at the pre-planned venue ,the Sita temple ,the only difference being , it was Sinhala type of wedding that took place in an Indian deity " s temple .

A kind of fushion wedding , new of its kind .

The colour code for the fixed for the closest clan .

The groom , Kathir , Amuthan , kuttu and even Mr .Sadha were clad in off white silk Sherwani .
It had minutely selfdesigned golden thread embroidery with golden buttons and cuffs .

The groom was dressed extra with a huge silk turban , decorated with strings of pearls .

The women were adorned in deep navy blue silk sarees with silvery border that matched the men .

Midhulla s saree had extra golden work decked with zircon stones and beads .

Mullai had kept her saree s work low keeping in mind that it was Midhulla s big day .

Mrs Tamil as well as Dr.Indira wore the same colored silk sarees .

In simple  it was all blues and whites every where around .

The traditional Srilankan Sinhala Buddhist wedding ceremonies too involved specific customs and rituals that were passed on from generation to generations .

The Shilpathipathi , who considered as the officiant of the wedding was the equivalent to the priest in Tamil weddings .

The couple had exchanged garlands and Ranil had slid the gold  chain that held the Mangal sutra , down Midhulla's neck earlier in the morning , around 4 am  , at the Brahamamuhurtham , the ever auspicious time .

Since it was the first wedding for Ranil ,and since he had no one as kin nor family , Kathir made it a point to conduct the wedding as per Sinhala culture also .

So as it was decided earlier ,they finished the early dharshan of Goddess Sitadevi &after the thaali ceremony ,they offered prayers at the shrine and retorted to the backyard of the temple , where a temporary ; sort of  wedding hall had been arranged for the Sinhala type rituals to take place .

With a huge  silk satin canopy , decorated with blood red roses covering the whole of the open area , the Poruwa was placed in the middle of the temporary hall , alongside the gushing rivers , their hissing seemingly resembled the blessings of nature for the young souls who were to start the new life .