Chapter 5

Thank you for reading and voting!

If anyone had noticed that Odd had yet to say a single word, they weren't really voicing their concerns. It wasn't that Odd wasn't as equally freaked out by what was happening, it was more like he was lost in thought. There was something strange about the girl — besides the obvious. It was like his brain was moving slower than usual. This was harder to solve than Ms. Hertz's assignments. If Einstein couldn't even provide a solid answer, what could Odd figure out on his own?

Okay, go over everything that's happened so far. Odd instructed himself.

First, Jeremie texted the group that there were weird things going on with the alarm system he put in place to detect X.A.N.A attacks. He couldn't explain it, but it displayed multiple active towers in the five Lyokian sectors.

Secondly, after the group virtualized on Lyoko, instead of materializing on their respective sector, the entire group ended up on the Forest Sector.

Then, all their vehicles — Odd's Overboard, Ulrich's Overbike, and Yumi's Overwing — went berserk and started driving themselves. They all deposited them in front of a glowing gray tower.

Odd's keen observation of the tower provided no anomalies. It was like a regular Lyokian tower, save for the weird color. He couldn't remember the weird color thing Einstein had drawn out for them that explained what each shade meant. Odd could only remember that red meant bad things were coming.

Towers couldn't really catch on fire, could they?

But then again, bikes and boards aren't supposed to be able to move by themselves.

Virtual planets and evil computer viruses shouldn't exist either, and yet, they very much did.

Going back to the timeline he was planning out in his head, Odd recalled how he had blanked when Yumi had asked him about his weird dreams. Why hadn't he mentioned the one with the girl in the tower? Because as they were well aware, there was a literal girl coming out of the tower!

Odd had been the first to notice that the tower was acting weirder than when it first came into view. And when he saw the human limbs coming out of it, he figured it was all an added hallucination from his overexertion. It had to be fatigue. There was no other way to explain why there was another body on Lyoko.

Except...

I will see you very soon. That's what his Dream Girl had said the last time he had seen her. And: I have a number of options I will be exploring once this connection is cut. She had also requested that once they meet, he allow her to "speak her truth" without freaking out.

Odd's eyes widened as he took in the figure approaching Aelita and Yumi. Yumi screaming her head off for Einstein's help, on any other day, would have been hilarious, but at that moment, Odd felt as freaked out as Yumi probably did.

"My name is Saphire." The girl said and all at once, a spark went off in Odd's head. "And I am Aelita's sister. Her long-lost, older sister."

"She's my dream girl!" Odd suddenly burst in with, rushing over and breaking everyone out of the trance they had been put in with Saphire's appearance.

"What?" Ulrich asked.

"Excuse me?" Yumi retorted back.

Aelita stayed silent, looking completely speechless.

Saphire's eyes lit up at the sight of Odd.

"I was hoping would remember me." She sent a strained smile his way.