Chapter 35

Thank you for reading and voting!

The darkness faded away from inky black to midnight blue.

Odd felt a sudden warmth blooming in the pit of his stomach; like the sun's rays, it stretched around, ascending to his chest. There was also a weight settled over his hips. Not heavy enough to hurt, but just enough to be visible. Hot air fell over his face. It smelled like flowers and hot chocolate and something else, something unidentifiable but familiar. Odd leaned forward, wanting to inhale the sweet scent.

Something light and ticklish traveled over his exposed flesh leaving a trail of goosebumps. Odd recognized it as fingertips. He blinked to clear his vision and all the little images and feelings clicked together like puzzle pieces finally finding the right edges to connect to.

He was in his room. The lights were off, but the curtains were drawn back and the moonlight was shining brightly in through the windows.

He was shirtless. No naked. There was a bed sheet covering his lower half.

And he wasn't alone.

The hands on him...belonged to a girl, who sat on his lap, covered in the bed sheet from the chest down. Odd would have recognized those thick, red locks even in a dense crowd. She had recently grown out her hair and curled it. Odd marveled at the sight as she leaned her head back, allowing for the thick tendrils to curve around her face and fall softly against her risen chest.

'Well, hello there.' He reached his hand forward to twist his finger around one of her curls.

'Hi, you.' She grinned down at him.

'Told ya I'd come back to you.'

He leaned forward to kiss her when she put both hands against his chest and pushed him back against the headboard of his bed. When Odd looked up at her again, he choked on empty air as he watched everything about Magali reverse. Her long, curly locks shortened and straightened, and deepened to match the darkness in the room. Her eyes, a deep forest green, switched to brightly shining cerulean orbs.

In a blink of an eye, Magali was gone, and Saphire was in her place.

The only thing that remained the same was the position of her body. One hand pressing the bed sheet to conceal her chest (probably bare beneath the silky sheets) and the other resting on his chest, sliding between the lines and edges of his skin.

'Are you flirting with me?' Her voice was airy and angelic, nothing like Magali's flirty tone.

Odd's throat clenched like a tight fist.

"Oh crud." His subconscious echoed back.

'I can if you want.' Dream Odd replied, running a hand through her hair and then sliding his fingers down the length of her arm.

"What the heck are you doing, you idiot?!" His subconscious yelled, trying to get through to him. "Put that hand down!"

Dream Saphire gave him a sly grin - one he had never seen before, but his imagination was pretty good at filling in the blanks. But those innocent eyes, he had seen that before, and it made his insides ache.

But Dream Odd had his eyes glued on Dream Saphire still. She was absolutely mesmerizing. She lifted her hand from Odd's skin and placed it on the sheet around her body. She began sliding it down, revealing a hint of cleavage.

"Don't you dare look." His subconscious warned.

But Dream Odd had a mind of his own, and he didn't care about boundaries between friends or of the promise he made to Saphire just a day ago about not wanting to get into her pants. She was here now, right in front of him, wanting to show him the parts of her that any guy would be lucky to get a glimpse of, and there was nowhere else he'd rather be.