Chapter 25

I was in a recliner but not my recliner.

I was in my dad's recliner... I WAS HOME!!!!!!

"Kaitlin's finally awake." my mom said.

"Mom!!!!" I yelled.

But when I went to hug her I .........................

Woke up.

"Well Kaitlin's awake." Elli said.

"What time is it?" I said in my groggy voice, which I hate, so I quickly cleared my throat.

"12:37. Do you want any lunch?" Elli asked.

"No I'm good." I said walking over to the counter and sat on a bar stool.

Elli and Harry were putting pizzas in the oven and Niall was eating a bag of chips.

"Where's Chloe and Ryan?"

"They went to go get a few things."

"Did they leave the baby?"

"Yeah." Niall quickly said. I'm guessing Katherine didn't like him.

I walked outside and sat under the tree with my phone and headphones and listened to a video one of my friends from back home had sent me.

It was her and her baby. All of my friends from my school had a baby. Besides me. I didn't even have a boyfriend.

I'm not the person who likes to be stuck up so I texted her back saying he's so cute.

I got up and went inside.

I opened the door and heard screaming.

No offense to babies but I don't like screaming ones.

I walked over to Elli ,who was trying to get Katherine to stop crying, and sat down on the floor with a calm face on.

"How in the world can you be so damn calm?"

"Have you forgotten that I lived with Chloe?"

"Sorry, I guess I have NEVER seen her scream before."

"Whatever. Do you remember when we went to the VMA's and Chloe had come to see us?"

"Yeah."

"Well she screamed her lungs out then."

"That was her!"

"Yep."

Elli sat down on the floor next to me.

"I'm sorry you had to live with that side of her."

"Yeah, I don't get that a lot."

Just then Harry walked in.

Katherine started to be a little quieter.

"Harry, come over here." Elli said.

He walked over to Katherine.

Now she was completely silent.

"Harry, you got her to shut up!" Elli said.

"Someone has a crush on Harry." Niall said. I just noticed he was sitting at the bar.

"God, Niall, you scared me." Harry said.

Niall got up and sat on the love sofa behind Elli and Harry sat beside him.

"Harry can I talk to you?" Elli said.

"Sure." he said.

Thanks Elli for leaving me with the baby and Niall.

And Katherine started up again.

I went into the kitchen and got her a bottle.

"Here." I said to Katherine, but it's not like she knew what I was saying.

She took the bottle and started to drink the bottle.

"You did all that because you were hungry!" Niall complained.

"You do the same thing."

"Well, it's cute when I do it because I know when to stop."

"Okay, and she doesn't even know what the word 'stop' means."

"Point taken."

Ryan and Chloe walked.

"You got Katherine to stop?" Ryan asked in amazement. Not to be rude, well, maybe a little, but I worked in the daycare nursery at my school for two years. So I know what babies like.

"Yes, Ryan." I said boringly.

"Ryan, Kaitlin knows what she's doing." Chloe said.

And in my mind all that I was thinking was 'You go Chloe. Show him what your made of.' but maybe that was a little too rude to say.

Chloe took the baby and went into the guest bedroom and Ryan tagged along.

"Now I know why you hate him."

"I don't exactly hate Ryan. I just don't care for him. He was a jock in school and I never liked any of the jocks."

Harry and Elli came in so that made that conversation plummet to the floor and, hopefully, was never going to be seen again.

Chloe and Ryan are gonna be leaving tomorrow so I thought I would help them get ready and help them pack.

I got up and knocked on the door.

Thank The Lord, it was Chloe.

"Can I help you pack or anything?" I asked.

"No I'm good unless you want to watch Katherine while we finish?"

"Okay."

So she handed me the baby and I went up to my bedroom so that of he cried she wouldn't interfere with Harry, Elli, or Niall.

She was asleep when her head touched my bed.

"You don't do much?"

"Nope." a familiar voice said.

I turned around and it was Niall.

He sat beside me while I tried to maneuver Katherine so she wasn't taking up so much room.

I sat back on my bed and so did Niall.

He put his arm over my shoulders and, as tired as I was, could resist.

I soon feel asleep, but I knew of my surroundings and could hear everything. Basically, I was just closing my eyes. I hate it when I do that.

I woke up with Katherine screaming bloody murder.

Niall tried to silence her but it wasn't working.

I got up and gave her another bottle. She might have a slight chance of obesity when she's older but as long as it shut her up I was good.

I went back to my original spot, with Niall's arm around me, and we both were just waiting for another burst of bloody murder but Chloe came in right before the bottle was about to empty.

"You're gonna get my kid far if you keep doing this." she said jokingly.

"As long as it shuts her up for half an hour, I'm good." I said.

"Okay, well, we're done packing."

"Are you sure of that?" I asked, because Chloe has quite a habit of leaving things.

"Yes, I'm quite sure."

"Okay, let's go down stairs."

We spent the rest of the night talking and eating.

(Hey guys, if you want to help me write my fanfic I need you to go on Instagram, if you have one, and search @kksmith_12_gowjus because my Twitter account is stupid and old. I can only tweet on Wattpad to tell you guys when I finish updating. So if you're interested you can ask to follow me, and I'll only know if you want to help me write if it's in your bio. So, put whatever you want in your bio to tell me you want to help. And I will accept the offer. Until next time my Lovelies.)