Chapter 30

It's Christmas. I'm sitting on my couch eating cookies and drinking milk.

It's about 10:30 at night and Bandit's already in bed.

Then the doorbell rang.

Who comes to my house at 10:30 on Christmas.

I opened the door and saw none other than Niall.

"Niall what are you doing here? You should be with your family."

"I couldn't just let you stay here by yourself on Christmas."

"Yah, you can. It's really easy."

"No it's not."

"Well, where do you think I'm gonna go, and I'm not gonna ruin your Christmas."

"Your not."

"Does your family know you're here?"

"No."

"Niall James Horan!!!"

"What? You said I should more fun. So, I am."

"What have I done to you."

"Nothing. It's the same me you've always known."

"No it's not. The sweet Niall I knew wasn't even gonna think about leaving his family on Christmas to try to get a girl to go home for Christmas."

"You thought I was sweet?"

"Well, yeah, and I still think that. Ugh, and you probably only came over here to be the sweet Niall that I still know and get me back to my senses and go back home.Why am I so obstinate!!"

"You're not stubborn. You just didn't want anyone worrying about you."

"I really hope you're right."

"Of course I am. Now what are we gonna do about your Christmas?"

"It's almost the day after Christmas. So, I'm guessing, nothing. My parents have already started to go to North Carolina and my sister's gonna leave tomorrow. I can't just show up. My family wouldn't be ready for another person."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well, they only planned for eleven adults and one baby."

"So, I bet you that they can feed another person."

"You obviously haven't met my family."

"Well no. But my family always over cooked. Never did they ever not have enough food."

"I'm still not going. I really don't like my aunts boyfriend."

"What's wrong with him."

"He just won't be an adult when he needs to and when he is being an adult everything's fine and we normally don't need one around. Plus he called my cousin an 'ass'."

"Boy or girl?"

"Girl."

"That man shouldn't have done that. Isn't he only a BOYFRIEND and NOT a father."

"Yeah and my uncle wasn't too happy about it either."

"I can see why. Has he called you an ass before?"

"Yeah... a lot."

"Well next time he does you should kick him in his sweet spot."

"I might just plan on it. Oh, you wanna stop freezing and come inside for a little bit?"

"Sure."

"Only for a little while though. You have to be back home before sunrise. Trust me."

"Why sunrise?"

"Because if your family is anything like mine, you have at least one person who wakes up and butt crack of dawn and looks to see if anyone's awake."

"Smart. I'm guessing that you've done this before."

"Yeah. A few times."

We sat on the couch and Bandit tried to sit on my lap.

"Bandit you're a lap dog wanna-be. You're like an eighty pound dog. Please get off of me."

Bandit got off after a while and Niall just put his arm around my shoulder.

After a while the sun was about to start to rise.

"Niall you need to go home." I said.

"Okay, I will. But it's Christmas. I wanna do something before I leave."

"What?"

He grabbed my hand and took me outside right under the tree.

He put his finger under my chin so I would look at him.

I didn't resist.

He put his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him to where our ribs were touching each other.

And then he did it.

He kissed me.

His lips were soft and warm.

And then I...pulled back.

What the hell was I doing. I've been wanting him to do that for a year now and I pulled back. What the hell!

"I'm sorry, but you really need to get home. I don't want your family to worry about you."

"Okay." he said looking down at the ground.

I kissed his cheek and he suddenly perked up with his smile back on his face.

"You like me?!?!?!?!?!" He said like a little kid.

I giggled and nodded my head.

He took my hand and led me inside.

"When I get back you better be right here all in one piece. No casts or boots or braces. Promise me?"

"Well, not intentionally. But I'll try."

He kissed me once more and was gone.