21. {turn right}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

november 3rd
byers' residence - hawkins lab

"you're awake!" mike smiled at the newly conscious girl.

"was i asleep?" tilly quizzed as she got uo from the couch and sat on the table with them.

"you-you passed out." mike reminded her.

"right." tilly nodded in confusion, "i had this flash of visons and i guess it was hurting my head."

"that's exactly what happened." mike sighed.

"where's joyce?" tilly asked.

"yeah, that's, uh, sattler's quarry." bob explained as he walked into the room, "and if you just follow it naturally... it moves to... the eno river. and there it is. that's the eno, do you see it?"

"wait what?" tilly looked up at the three adults.

"hey, kiddo." daniel pulled her into a soft embrace and messed up her hair.

"okay, so the lines aren't roads. but they act like roads. and they act like roads 'cause when you follow 'em, you'll see...they don't go over water." bob rambled,  "and that's the giveaway. that's the giveaway. ha!"

he turned around to see everyone giving him a look of confusion.

"don't you get it?" he asked, "it's not a puzzle, it's a map. it's a map of hawkins. right, guys?"

"oh my gosh." tilly whispered in realisation, "the tunnels are how he gets through hawkins."

will had an utterly shocked look on his face, he turned to tilly who was staring at him.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"all right. all right." bob spoke from the kitchen, "i'm 3.6 inches, what do you two got?"

mike looked at tilly for confirmation like he usually does but she just shrugged.

"we aren't not sure. mrs byers?" mike yelled.

"hold on! dannie?" joyce asked.

"twenty-one feet, four inches." he stated.

"what about tippecanoe to danford creek?" bob quizzed.

"danford? where-where's danford?" joyce stuttered.

"dining room." will spoke.

joyce ran over to him, "sixteen feet, ten inches."

"what about danford to jordan?" bob questioned.

"oh, come on." joyce groaned as she tugged the tape measure, "this-this has gotta be enough."