Chapter One

Monday, 5th of November 1994

You wake up to the sounds of chirping at your window and your eyes struggle to stay open.

Ugh, school

First thought of the day.

It wasn't exactly the lessons that was the problem, it was a boy. The most vile, putrid, cowardly, stuck up, selfish boy you could meet. His name? Draco Malfoy.

You slowly slide your leg out of the soft warm blanket and on to the floor, followed by your other leg. Oh how you wished you could wear bed covers as a uniform.

As you dressed in your Gryffindor uniform, you thought of the good things you had today.

First off, you have your best friends; Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley and Harry Potter to talk to all day.

You thought, as you buttoned up your grey jumper, glaring at the mirror. You hated the way you looked. You were told you were pretty when necessary... but friends always say that. You didn't exactly see a problem when you looked in the mirror, other then the rogue spots covering your head, the frizzy, activated, matted hair that you could never wear out and your wild eyebrows. You only thought you were ugly because nobody seemed to like you. Not romantically anyway. You squinted at the mirror trying to think of anything else good that day.

Aha!

Double potions

No, you weren't being sarcastic. You were normally average in all subjects except for potions. You were the best in potions class. Your teacher Snape seemed to always feel dismal that his best student was a Gryffindor Muggle-born, so you rarely got praise for your hard work, but you didn't care, you loved potions.

You pulled your hair back into a tight bun, as always. Yawning, you grabbed your satchel, potions homework and your assigned books for the day. Then you realised you had Professer Trelawney for double divination. You groaned and walked down the stairs to your common room.

Nobody was there

This was strange, due to the fact that breakfast had started. But you shrugged it off, it was a bit early. So, you stepped out of the portrait hole and into the corridor. It was empty. Deserted. You started to panic and made up excuses in your head.

Maybe my clock isn't right?
Maybe everyone is eating?
Maybe there is something going on, and everyone is checking it out?

You calmed yourself with these thoughts, and proceeded to walk through the deserted corridors to the great hall, growing more and more wary as you turned the corner to see another abandoned corridor. You heaved open the wooden double doors and froze.

Nobody was there.

Panicking, you started searching the room desperately, as if you were a hungry zombie looking for flesh. This search was a failure, so you sprinted outside the hall and through all the empty corridors and classrooms. You searched in vain, eyes stinging.

This probably isn't that serious, they're probably all outside or something.

You thought, hoping with all your heart that this was true, but something in you told you that this was not true. You sprinted out to the fields to see it was as deserted as ever. Your heart dropped and a large in your throat began to swell, you felt as if you couldn't breathe. What was going on? The whole school seemed abandoned, you had checked everywhere and not a soul could be traced. You felt hopeless. You didn't know where to go. You'd do a whole school day in divination with only Slytherin students just for things to go back to normal. Wait. Slytherin. You had only checked the Gryffindor common room! Maybe there was someone here, maybe asleep? You didn't care, you just needed to see if someone was there, anyone.