Chapter Nine

You sighed as you pulled on your muggle clothes from your trunk. You then left your dorm room and went down to the Gryffindor common room. Malfoy was sitting on his Slytherin chair, which he'd brought from his common room, and was inspecting his jade green ring which he always wore. He had on a black suit, with a black button up, but no tie. He looked so concentrated. For some reason, your heart beat picked up it's pace. Perhaps because you hated him so much... well, you didn't hate him... you just disliked him a lot. That was all. He looked up and saw you. "Morning, mudblood." He said, looking back down to inspect his ring. Your mouth fell open. "Just because Cedric isn't here, doesn't mean you get to use that word." You muttered, while slumping down in the chair opposite his, coloured a deep red. He smirked. "Who said I was insulting you?" He asked, looking up at you. What an arrogant little-. "Flirting with me now, are you?" You teased. "What if I am?" He asked. Your face heated a little bit.

Whats wrong with you y/n?! This is MALFOY we're talking about.

You thought, instantly shaming yourself. You just glared at him and he shrugged and went back to inspecting his ring. You got up and grabbed a random book and started to read it. You were waiting for Luna and Cedric to wake up. You quickly scanned the blurb of the book. It was some romance or something. You shrugged and brought the book and yourself back to the chair. You curled up by the fire and started to read. The story was so soppy, something about two boys falling for the protagonist. Quite cliche. You hated it but couldn't stop reading. Suddenly you sensed a pair of eyes looking in yours. You looked up to see Malfoy quickly look back down at his ring. It was awkward but you just raised an eyebrow and went back to reading. You didn't understand why but your stomach filled with butterflies when you saw that he was looking at you.

Ew.

"Hey." You heard a voice say. You looked up to see Cedric in muggle clothes. He was wearing jeans and a jumper and he suited them very well. "Hey." You replied, smiling. You saw Cedric look at Malfoy. "How are you going to hunt in that?" He said, gesturing to Malfoy's suit and raising an eyebrow. Malfoy looked back at Cedric. "I don't own any muggle clothes." He said coldly. "You can borrow some of mine." Cedric suggested. Malfoy glared at him. You burst out laughing. "What's so funny?" Malfoy snarled, staring you down. "It's- it's just" you started, not being able to talk properly, due to you laughing uncontrollably. "You wouldn't wear muggle clothes because you wouldn't be able to pull off any of them." His eyebrow raised. "Are you questioning my good looks?" He said with a giant smirk on his face. Cedric glared at him. "Yes I am." You answered, still laughing. Malfoy turned to Cedric. "Alright then Diggory. Could I borrow some muggle clothes off of you?" He asked coolly. Cedric hesitated first second, then agreed.

Fifteen minutes later, Malfoy came back into the common room with jeans and a dark green hoodie that he was wearing back to front. You guessed that he had put a spell on it to be coloured Slytherin green. You giggled and got up from your seat. He looked a bit embarrassed. "Wow Malfoy, you look decent, but you have that hoodie on back to front." You said, as you leaned on a bookshelf. He flushed pink for a second. You weren't used to this side of Malfoy. He seemed to be so confident with wizard things but was so arrogant when it came to muggle things. He started to pull off the hoodie, revealing a white shirt. You watched as he got stuck and couldn't get the hoodie off. You giggled and went to go help him. You got close and could smell his scent. It was very pleasant but you couldn't describe it. You pulled his hoodie off and looked up at his, now messy hair. You noticed how handsome he really was, with a perfectly framed face. You'd also never noticed how nice his eyes were, icy blue. They were quite hypotonic. He looked back at you and for a second, you could feel a connection. You flushed but quickly grabbed the hoodie out of his hands, turned it round, then handed it back to him. "See you there." You mumbled and strode out of the common room.

What. was. that.