Chapter Forty

"So, are you going to tell me why my parents have been in the captivity of your house for all of these years?" You growled, annoyed at Malfoy's arrogance.

Draco shook his head.

"I can't tell you that, princess."

You paused.

"Did you just call me- nevermind. Tell me, I'm being deadly serious."

Draco paused and looked directly into your eyes.

"Y/n, if I knew, I would tell you." He said.

You sighed and hung your head, plopping down on the armchair opposite where Draco was sitting.

"I didn't even know they were there, my parents don't even know that I know."

You stared at him.

"How did you find out?" You said, leaning forward in your chair.
Draco paused for a second, then broke the eye contact, staring at his hands.

"I overheard a conversation between my parents, they were talking about your parents and something about answering questions."

You stared at Malfoy, deep into his eyes, secretly arguing with yourself; wondering if he was trustable. Part of you thought he was lying, but a small undeniable part of your heart convinced yourself that he wasn't. You nodded your head in silence and looked at the time. It was 11:04 pm. You turned back to Draco.

"Do you want anything to eat?" You asked him, rising from your chair.

Draco immediately shot up from his,

"No, heh, I'll cook, don't want to burn down the kitchen do we?"

He said, flashing a cringey smile.

Although you had just been violated by Gordon Ramsey 2.0, you couldn't argue, remembering the old days of you being in semi-isolation. This man was too good at cooking, there was no plausible reason to say no. You chuckled and nodded, flashing a sarcastic smile.

"I'll go prepare a sleeping area for you while you're doing that."

Draco's eyebrow raised and you went bright red.

"I don't want you in my room like that it's- it's just late and I thought that if you go home your parents might put a spell on you to find out where you've been or something..." You mumbled, blushing a little; sounding a little bit desperate. He nodded and chuckled a little.

-

You folded a spare pair of tracksuit bottoms and a t-shirt for Draco to sleep in and a heavenly smell wafted through your nose. You quickly finished off making a small sleeping area on the floor for yourself, putting the clothes on your bed. As soon as you'd done it you ran so fast or the downstairs kitchen it was practically apparating.

Your house wasn't very big; you weren't rich like Harry but you weren't struggling that much with money, like Ron; however money always was a problem due to the fact that your parents were muggles and muggle money did not add up to a decent amount of galleons. Your house had two floors, the bottom floor consisting of a living room with a walk-in kitchen containing a small dining table, there was also a small laundry room but it was very small and creepy so you avoided it a little bit too often. Upstairs was a bathroom and a bedroom, that was it. It may have been small but you still called it your home, but times like this made you appreciate it being small in your ability to travel across your house in 2.9495688483 seconds.

You jogged into the kitchen and the wafting smell of bacon, eggs and cheese filled your nostrils.

"Bon appetite" Draco said, turning around with a huge grin on his face and two of the most delicious-looking omelettes in each of his hands.

-

You placed the fork in your mouth and felt the cheese melt in your mouth and the crisp bacon flavour explode, it was heaven on a fork, so you continued eating more of it until you'd finally finished eating.

"Ho-ly schnitzel that was amazing." You said, full as could be.

Draco smirked.

"It was decent, I can make better."

Your jaw dropped.

"Really?!"
"I can make some breakfast for you tomorrow that will blow your mind."
"Yes, yes, yes, please do."
"Anyways, may I see my humble abode?"
"Oh yes, you're sleeping in my bed."

You saw Draco's eyes flicker over.

"I'm sleeping on the floor dumbarse ." You said, rolling your eyes and grinning.

"Damnit, you got my hopes up." He said, returning your grin.

"A mudblood got your hopes up?"

"Yeah, I suppose you did, also, you're sleeping on the bed, I'd prefer you to be comfortable." He said.

What a simp.

"You do know I'm going to raid your house tomorrow so I can find my parents, possibly killing one of your own." You deadpanned.

Draco looked into your eyes again, as cold and hard as ever.

"As long as it's Lucius I'll be okay." He growled.

You were taken aback by his aggressiveness but decided not to ask why he'd just said that, he would tell you if he felt like it was necessary. You just nodded and led him up to the room.

You were already in your pyjamas so you just slid under the quilt of your bed, picking up a book, however Draco was not in his sleeping attire, so instead of going to the bathroom to change, he took off his shirt right there. Your jaw dropped and you yelled at him for not caring about his own privacy.

-

Late into the night you couldn't stop thinking about Draco, especially his shirtless self.

Damn it Draco.

Smiling to yourself, you dozed off into a deep sleep, goosebumps tingling all over your body.