Chapter Twenty Six

You yawned and opened your eyes, smiling. Your eyes were wet but you couldn't remember why. Then it all hit you again. You looked down.

He's not worth your tears.

You stretched and threw on a silk dressing gown, shoved on your slippers, and grabbed a towel from your rack. You left the room, tired, looking like a troll, and with tense shoulders. You went down to the empty kitchen, sighing in relief that you wouldn't be disturbed, and started to cook an egg. You boiled it and popped it into your mouth as soon as you could crack the shell. You needed to get out of the kitchen as soon as you could. You jogged out of the kitchen and walked around the corridors, all the way to the prefect bathrooms.

You'd heard about the famous prefect bath tub and decided to drown your sorrows by taking a piping hot, long and bubble-filled bath that you knew you deserved.

You pushed open the large double doors slowly and your jaw dropped. The room was marble white with a giant, swimming pool sized hole, slap bang in the middle. There were towering pillars and the walls were laced with gold. A majestic golden chandelier floated midair above the grounds. The chandelier must have been made out of some colour changing crystals as the hue of the room kept on changing,. The whole room had and aqua reflection, due to giant glass windows, bewitched to make the room look deep underwater. The giant tub had many knobs to turn, with their own temperature, scent and colour. You squealed and let all your problems go, running to the giant bathtub, you would be swimming in a couple of minutes from now. You scanned the array of colours and decided to turn the red tap. The moment the liquid left the tap, a ferocious scent plummeted into your nasal system. You breathed it in, and realised it was a familiar smell. It smelt, unique... indescribable... You shrugged and watched in awe as the tub filled with this red water, pearly white bubbles floating on the waters edge. After a while of just staring, you took off your robes and slid into the bath. It was lovely and just the right temperature. You let out a soft sigh and felt goosebumps travel up your body as you adjusted to the heat. You sat on a ledge, letting the water travel up your tense body, softening your muscles so that they were no longer right and painful. You felt a sense of relief and for a couple of minutes, you just lay there, letting the drug of the water's scent swallow your energy. Something about the scent reminded you of amortentia, however, less seductive and more... loving.

Then you heard a faint splash in the water across from you. Your eyes shot open to see big blue eyes of Luna Lovegood, staring directly back. "Hello y/n!" She said dreamily. You were still in shock and struggling to find words. You simply stood there, staring at her with a dumbfound look on your face. "Oh, you're still shocked. Ah well, don't worry about me, as soon as you enter the bath, a crystal -like shell will cover your body, taking away the possibility of someone coming in here to look at the naked body without permission." Luna said, smiling faintly. Your head snapped down to your body, and you saw a beautiful array of blue, pink and jade green crystals covering your private areas. You inspected them, and tried to pull one off. Bad idea. You yelped in m pain, trying to pull a large one off of your- "I expect the school pupils and teachers will be back tomorrow." Luna said in a bored voice. "WHAT?" You screeched. I met up with the sorting hat again, today and-" Luna started. "YOU KNEW THIS WHOLE TIME?!" You yelled out of shock, not anger. "Of course I did." Luna said sternly. "Now, I met up with the sorting hat again, and he suggested to pack our stuff, because it was going to be Christmas in a couple of days. Dumbledore believed a friendship would be born in merely a couple of months." You gasped silently and hung your head. "I failed dumbledore." You mumbled.

I failed Dumbledore, and now the four houses will never become allies again.