Chapter Thirty Three

You all walked excitedly to the great hall. Despite your regrettable date of Cormac Mclaggen, you were going to have a bloody good time tonight. You took a deep breath and the four of you entered the hall.

For a moment, it was like the whole entire room went silent, all eyes were focused on the four of you. You blushed, not expecting this attention but quickly scanned the room for Cormac, for keeping track of him meant keeping track of where not to go, when you saw Draco.

He was next to Pansy, looking awfully bored, as she played with his hair, he looked up back at you and he looked like he'd just seen a ghost

He was next to Pansy, looking awfully bored, as she played with his hair, he looked up back at you and he looked like he'd just seen a ghost. Then he smirked, gestured to Pansy and rolled his eyes. You couldn't help but grin goofily and return his eye roll.

You and Hermione stepped down the beautiful stairs and went to go say hello to Harry, Ron, Neville, Dean and Seamus.
"Hi guys." You said, waving.
"Damn, you two look stunning." Dean said, whistling and giving you a little dance of congratulations. You laughed and complimented him back. You went to go get a beverage from the beautiful fountain when a boy from Beauxbatons approached you.
"Tu es magnifique" (You look beautiful.) he said, smiling at you. You understood a little bit of French and blushed a little.
"Merci." You said, smiling shyly and rubbing the back of your neck. You started to have a sort-of conversation with the boy, language barriers stopping the flow, when Mclaggen came up to you, grabbed your waist and led you off. You pushed him off you.
"What." You deadpanned, narrowing your eyes.
"I know what you're trying to do, stop acting like a slag to make me jealous, you're already my bitch, remember that." Mclaggen snarled, grabbing at your ass. You dodged him and punched his face.
"Pfft, your bitch? The only bitch you'll ever own, sweetheart, you'll need to take on walks every couple of hours." You hissed, walking away from him, rolling your eyes and not taking your sexual assault seriously . Ginny rushed up to you.
"I just saw what went down, are you ok?" She babbled.
"Yeah, he's got nothing on me." You said, waving your hand.
"Good, coz that was bloody brilliant." She said, grinning. You laughed.
"I guess it was." You said, smirking. You caught the eye of Draco and blushed ever so slightly.

You mainly hung around the food table for the next hour, watching your friends have a great time. Part of you was a little bit disappointed, but what did you expect? You watched people arrive and saw Cedric enter, cho Chang on his arm. Your heart twanged with sorrow. She looked to beautiful and suddenly you felt insecure.

Of course he chose her, she's smarter and prettier.

You sighed and bit your lip, holding back tears. This night was already becoming a giant mess, and it was only two hours in. After a couple of minutes, you felt the need to leave the ballroom, and you wandered the corridors, finding an empty, unlocked classroom to sit in. You slumped on a desk and sighed. You just sat there, thinking about nothing, and everything at the same time.
"Having a rough night?" You heard a voice call from the door. Your heart clapped all the way to Africa and back, fearing the image of Snape standing behind you, ready to take all of your house points. You turned around to see Malfoy in the doorway and your heart had had enough, and you could practically hear it say;

"BOOMBOCLAAT."

"Malfoy... I-."
"Would you care for a dance?"

"BOOMBOCLAAT."

"Pardon?"
"We can dance right here, you can still hear the music, right?" Draco said, approaching you slowly.

"BOOM-BO-CLAAAAAATTTT."

"D-dance? B-but I thought-." You stuttered. Draco clutched your hand, and put his hand lightly on your waist, and guided your hands to follow. You stared at him the whole time, his eyes exploring deep into yours. You both started a slow waltz and you looked down nervously. This was the most comfortable, yet uncomfortable you'd ever felt in your life, so you pulled him a little bit closer, so you were chest on chest. You both slowly glided around the room along to the distant music pouring into your ears from the great hall. You looked into his eyes and you both pulled into a tighter hug.
"I'm sorry, I was being a right git." Malfoy whispered randomly. Your serotonin skyrocketed.
"I'm sorry for not trusting you." You whispered back. You just danced on the spot, in a tight hug for what seemed like years. Suddenly you both looked into eachother's eyes and you felt it. This was it, this was the moment. You looked up to see a mistletoe growing out of nowhere, signalling your desire. You gestured at Draco to the mistletoe with your eyes, and Draco followed your eyes, saw the mistletoe, and chuckled. He looked down at you.
"I know you said that you didn't think that my kiss was a worthy apology." He said, leaning in to whisper softly in your ear.
"But this time, I'll do it properly."

He pulled his head back so you were facing eachother.
He leaned in slowly.
You followed.
Your faces got closer.
You tilted your head.
You closed your eyes and leaned in, and then...