Chapter Nineteen

"Still awake, huh?" Cedric asked, walking over to sit in the seat opposite yours. "Yeah, I couldn't sleep." You mumbled, wearing a weak smile. Even though you were supposed to be mad at Diggory, you couldn't bring yourself to be infuriated by that warm smile. "What's that?" Cedric asked you, pointing at the ring on your index finger. You didn't want Cedric or Luna to know about the night you just had with Malfoy, so you lied. "I found it on the floor, I'm going to give it to Malfoy tomorrow." You mumbled, speaking a little too fast. He looked a bit disappointed and his eyes glazed over to the fire with a slight nod. Both of you just sat there in an awkward silence for a couple of minutes. "Um.. y/n?" Cedric said, looking at you. "Yeah?" You asked, locking eyes with him. "I'm- I'm sorry that I didn't invite you to the library with me and Luna." He said. You went cherry red. "Oh, no don't worry it's fine I'm fine I was just uh tired, yeah tired uh so uh I just um didn't uh think much of it..?" You fumbled. Cedric laughed and walked up to your chair. He pulled you up from your chair and he gave you a big bear hug. You blushed brighter then a rose, but you couldn't help still feeling bad about hugging Cedric, because as much as you denied it... you were starting to have feelings for Draco too.

They really are two of a kind.

"I'm going to head to bed." Cedric said, pulling you out of the hug. He gave you a smile and walked off to the boys dormitories. Once you were sure he was gone, you did a triumphant twirl. You sat back in your chair with a plonk, and your necklace, Suavititate incorruptione, fell out of your pocket. You decided to continue reading about the history of the necklace. You went over to the book and picked it up from the floor. You went back to the comfy chair and opened the book to the page you were last on and continued to read.

'Suavititate incorruptione was created over one thousand years ago, in a kingdom called Malum. They had a fair king, Julian. Julian had everything a person could want; money, fame, power. He had everything, but love. Throughout his warrior days, he could not care for love in fear of pain, however as he grew older, he desired love. He was a fair and kind king, so the idea of a love potion, in the way that the lover did not feel any strong bond, was cruel in his mind. So one day he called the ancient wizard Odium to his kingdom. "Please, Odium my dear friend. I need a charm to create real, strong love, something to make someone fall in love with me, with actual feelings, not cruel deceiving." The king pleaded. The wizard nodded his head and bowed. "Your wish is my command." The wizard said. The king thanked him greatly. For seven days and seven nights, the wizard was no where to be seen, but soon enough, on the eighth night, Odium returned, a heart shaped necklace clutched in his withering hands. "'Suavititate incorruptione', a charm that will give a strong love obsession to those whom wear it. The love obsession goes to the owner of the necklace." Odium purred. He passed the locket to the eager king, the king gave him a giant sack of gold and thanked him immensely. The king then visited a neighbouring kingdom, asking that the daughter stayed in his kingdom. The king gave the princess the necklace and waited. Over the next couple of days, the princess became obsessed with the king, never leaving his side. Soon, she became violent. She started off with things like; "I love you so much that I would cut off all my hair for you." She would say, while cutting her hair. One day, the king went out to the front of his castle to see the princess, dangling from the top. "I love you so much, I'd die for you." She screamed. Ever so suddenly she let go and fell into the rocks below, impaling her. Soon after, grief caused the king to end his own life, and Odium, glad that his plan worked, cackled in his little castle, from afar...'

You slammed the book shut. You were in a cold sweat. You knew you had to get rid of that necklace as soon as you could. You knew you had to find the perfect place for it, a place where no one would find it, but you couldn't hide it tonight, it was too late and you needed to be able to think for an exact place to hide it. With caution, you slipped the necklace back into your pocket, grabbed the book and your wand and walked slowly up the stairs, fearing the nightmares you were about to battle.