Chapter Thirty

Your eyes flickered and as soon as you regained consciousness you felt an unfamiliar soft scent fill your nose. Your heart skipped a beat and you hoped with all your heart that you were back in Draco's room and that the whole argument had been a dream. Your eyes burst open and you jerked your head around to see the exact opposite of what you were expecting. You were in Dumbledore's office.

What the-

"Good morning Y/n." You heard a voice call. You looked up to see Dumbledore sitting at his magnificent desk, his Phoenix perched on his arm, his electric blue, intelligent eyes staring softly back into yours.
"D-dumbledore?" You gasped.
"Yes, it is I; Dumbledore."
"What's going on? Where are the others-" You turned around and saw Malfoy, Luna and Cedric next to you, laying on individual clouds, sleeping peacefully. You looked down to see a soft fluffy cloud below you. Dumbledore smiled at you, then the corner of his mouthtwitched and turned into a frown. It looked like he was doubting something.
"Y/n, I'm so sorry I put you and your fellow peers into this situation." He said, rubbing his temples. You looked down in shame.
"Well, let me explain what you've just been trapped into for the last month-"
"Oh, Professor Dumbledore, sir, we already know." You said without thinking. Dumbledore looked up at you and you pointed at the sorting hat, sitting as still as ever, playing its role in looking like an ordinary hat.
Dumbledore sighed.
"So I presume that no true friendship has blossomed these past months?" He said weakly. Your eye twitched and you knew that you had to lie.
"No- we have- we have become c-close?" You said, wincing at your lie. Dumbledore looked straight into your eyes.
"Is there anything you'd like to tell me?" He said quietly.
You held your breath.

Yes

"No." You said, smiling.
"Well that's brilliant. I think this may be the start of the long awaited bond between all of the houses." Dumbledore said, smiling widely. You felt a pang of guilt.

Lying to Dumbledore?! Y/n are you crazy?!

"I expect that everyone has returned to school now. Do not worry, all of the Professors know what happened, but the students do not. They have been studying in a parallel universe as if school was normal as anything. They all have been told that the four of you have been absent for different reasons. Draco was apparently grieving the loss of a loved one, Luna's house allegedly turned upside down, so she had to go help her father repair it, and Cedric was 'training for the tri-wizard tournament."
His eyes twinkled brightly, but only for a milisecond. "
I formally apologise for your reason." Dumbledore looked at you with deep sorrow.
"I implied that you were away, investigating the deaths of your parents."
You looked down and twiddled your thumbs.
"It's ok, Professor. It- it was for the best." You said, smiling in pain. He nodded and spoke up once again.
"I imagine that Harry, Hermione and Ron are waiting for you just outside my office." He said, smiling at you. Your eyes widened.
"Really?!"

☯︎︎

You ran down the stairs frantically and saw a mass of bushy brown, bright ginger and black hair. "Harry! Ron! Hermione!" You yelled, running up to them any pulling them into a group hug.
"Y/n!" Hermione squealed, pulling you out of the group hug just to give you a personal hug herself. You laughed and whispered in her ear.
"Sooo, how have you and Ron been getting along?" You said, wiggling your eyebrows and winking multiple times. Hermione went bright pink and scowled.
"That foul git has been bothering me non-stop about Crookshanks eating Scabbers." Hermione mumbled, rolling her eyes. You gasped, then giggled a little.
"The rat was a little pathetic, I do admit." You whispered.
"I've bought him an owl for Christmas, hopefully that will shut him up." She said, smirking.
"Happy Christmas, Y/n." You heard Harry say. You turned to him and gave him a big hug.
"You too." You said. You turned to Ron.
"Wotcher." You said, pulling him into a hug.
"Happy Christmas." Rob grinned.
"Let's go have breakfast and catch up, then I can show you all your presents." You chirped. They nodded and you all began chatting excitedly.