Chapter Thirty Seven

This was it, your final destination.
It had been three years since your Hogwarts adventure ended.
You'd passed all of your OWLS and NEWTS with all of them graded as outstanding.
Your previous years of Hogwarts had become a study filled blur, you'd barely talked to anyone outside your friendship group and kept to yourself, staying away from any drama.
All you wanted was to become an auror and fulfil your duty to find your parents.
That's right, your parents weren't dead.

You stepped on to the stone pavement leading to Malfoy Manor, it was where your parents had been held captive all of these years.

Six years ago your parents were pronounced 'dead' from a brutal attack dealt by suspected death eaters. No bodies were found but after weeks of disappearance and significantly large pools of blood with the DNA of your parents found in a wizard alleyway spoke for its self. For years of your life, you were searching for the bloody murderer that put your parents to an early grave.

How did you know that your parents were alive and in the capture of the Malfoys you ask?

Two Days Earlier

"I don't get it!" You yelled, banging your fist on your overly disorganised desk. "I don't get it! How could my parents have been killed without a perpetrator! There has to be someone! Something!" You go on, tears flowing out of your eyes. You'd had yet again, another failed attempt at discovering your parents murderer, however the problem was that this was your last chance, your last shred of evidence, of hope that you could find the killer and put them to Azkaban. You stood in your office, shaking violently, fists clenched. Pacing, you bit your nails furiously, you only stopped when you could taste fresh blood I your mouth, you hadn't even noticed you'd hurt yourself, but you didn't care; something had snapped inside of you, and suddenly, nothing mattered. You threw and shoved everything in your sight, screaming at the top of your lungs. Finally you sank to the floor, hiccoughing and weeping.

It felt like forever... sitting there. Everything you'd worked for, gone. All that you'd gathered and researched, when you tried to puzzle it together, none of it made sense. You felt empty of life; you'd pushed away everyone you knew for so many years of your life, for what?

Almost everyone you knew had a life. Most were or would be married and most had sustainable jobs with fair pay. Hermione and Ron were having their first child, a baby girl that they were planning to name Rose, Harry and Ginny were also expecting, a son in fact. Of all odds, Cedric and Cho were married; when you'd heard, your heart shattered. A guilty part of your soul had always hoped that he would wait for you, but no, it's not like you were worth it, then your mind flicked to Malfoy.

You remembered him so vividly, with his handsome features and his perfect hair...skin and-. No. He was married and happy as well.

You looked up to your wand on your disheveled desk and stared at it, long and hard. Your mind was made up. Carefully you picked up your wand, feeling a shudder as you always do when it places into your hand. Silently, you put the wand to the side of your head and words utter out of your mouth...

"Avadakedav-"

SCREECH

The patronus of a crow soars into your office, lighting up the room as bright as ever, it lands in front of you and begins to speak. A booming voice is echoed and at first you don't recognise it, but then you realise, it's your fathers. Your eyes fly open with shock and you want to scream but nothing comes out.

"Y/N, we need help. Me and your mother, we've been in here for years. The Malfoy Manor. Come if you can, they're trying to harm your mother."

You say there in shock as your fathers voice faded away and the patronus disappeared into thin air, your mouth dangling and your wand in your left hand, limp on the floor. You just sat deadly still and processed the information.

My parents are alive
MY PARENTS ARE ALIVE!!

☾☽

You ducked into a corner and grabbed your invisibility cloak, wrapping it around your shoulders. You inherited from Mad-Eye Moody's will, he always said that I'd have a use for it one day. Your heart beat drummed against your chest but you shook it off and pulled the hood over your head, shadowing your entire body. Slowly you sneaked to the gate and pushed it open gently, beginning your venture into the place your parents were kept captive.

After sneaking in through a slightly opened window, you wandered the dark hallways of the house. The house was bloody enormous, it was gorgeous; chandeliers and expensive furniture delicately placed around the beautiful structure. Every object looked as if it had a place, however as much as the chandeliers shines, an empty, dull aura surrounded the house like a gate.

You carried on, your itching eager and desire to see your parents' faces again tingled through you. Your heartbeat hammered at every step you took as you searched the house for ages, not running into a single soul. Your heart sank, you had no idea what to do.

In a panicked way you rushed into every room you could, searching and searching for anything, any tiny thing. Your eyes pricked with tears of frustration at every door you opened, your hope dying and shrivelling you second by second. You sprinted to the last door on that floor and yanked it open, not looking where you were going and colliding head-first with someone, leading your cloak to fall of of you.

You grabbed your head and in crisis, your need of escape was not at mind. Instead of running as far as you could do, you felt yourself planted to the floor, your heart hollowing. Slowly and with absolute terror, you raised your head, and your eyes met the piercing blue eyes of Draco Malfoy.

"Y/N?!"

Holy Shit.