Chapter Thirty Five

1 month later...

"Hey.. y/n, i'm really sorry for what happened back at the yule ball, I-." Cedric said, pulling you gently into a random corridor.
"Forget it, it was ages ago." You deadpanned, taking his hand lightly off of your shoulder so you could leave and get to your potions classroom.
"No, you don't understand, I can't forget about it." He sighed, rubbing his temples.
"Don't you have a girlfriend? Cho wouldn't be happy with you if she saw what you were doing right now." You said.
"Well, It's not like we're doing anything, I mean, there's nothing wrong with this-."
"You're trying to talk about where our relationship stands when you aren't single, I'm sorry, but I don't exactly like disloyalty." You growled, shoving him back and walking to potions.

It had been a month since you decided to ignore all of the boys you found attractive and study around the clock, you didn't find it enjoyable, but it's not like you had anything better to do.

You walked to potions with a quickened pace, trying to avoid interaction with any other students or professors. You entered the classroom and barely anyone was there, you looked around and saw the familiar blonde, Malfoy and all of his Slytherin mates, his personal escort, Pansy Parkinbitch, clinging onto his arm. You groaned noiselessly and swiftly made your way over to your desk; it was best to avoid any eye contact whatsoever, those lot weren't exactly the nicest bunch. You opened your textbook and silently started reading. It seemed that the Slytherins didn't notice your presence because they suddenly started talking about you.
"What's with that L/n girl?! Why is she trying so hard? She's so ugly!" Pansy snarked, shrieking with laughter.
"She's not that bad." Crabbe shrugged, Goyle nodding his head in agreement.
"I know you didn't just compliment a mudblood." Blaise snarled.
"No, I- never mind." Crabbe sighed. You smiled; not all Slytherins hated you. Peeking your nose back into your textbook, you heard another shriek from Parkinson, however this time it felt directed at you.
"Oh my Merlin, It's here!" She shrieked, giggling uncontrollably and pointing at you. However you just smiled and put a thumbs up, then returned back to your book, unfortunately it seemed Parkinson wasn't done taunting you. She sashayed all the way to your desk and slammed her hand on your desk.
"Why don't you talk to as many boys as before? Did they all get tired of your face or are you some sort of lesbian?" Pansy snarled.
"No. I'm just not looking for a relationship at the moment, now if you don't mind, I'm trying to revise the method for the polyjuice potion." You said, not even looking up from your textbook.
"You're actually such a nerd, it's so ugly." She said, seemingly struggling to find good insults.
"Why are you so obsessed with trying to ruin me? Do you have some sort of obsession with me or something?" You said, not looking for an answer, just hoping she would shut up.
"Ugh, you're so annoying." Parkinson huffed, strutting away back to Draco's side. You rolled your eyes and smirked at your victorious diction-based duel.
"The irony." You mumbled to yourself, giggling.

( I swear to Merlin, if any of you in the comments try to ship Y/n and Pansy, I'm going to go absolutely ballistic, and not in a good way.)

♡︎

You stared at all of your complete schoolwork. You had nothing to do for the first time in the week. You patted yourself on the back and stared at the semi-empty common room. Your eyes flicked to the grandfather clock and you realised that your curfew was still a few hours away, seizing the moment, you exited the common room and returned to the place you felt the most safe, the Hogwarts fields. It's where you had your first kiss, and it's where you realised how strong your feelings for Cedric and Draco had become. You strolled over to the fields and sat on the dew dropped grass, you lay down and stared at the sky, the night was clear and the stars shone bright like fireworks on bonfire night. You pulled out your wand and pointed it lazily at the sky, you muttered a charm and the grass started being pulled off the ground and forming shapes that you conducted with your wand. You were deep in thought. For once in a little while, you thought about your parents. Your mother had a fearless heart and always had a fire in her eyes, she used be annoyingly persistent when it came to doing well in school, now that she was gone, you felt ungrateful... and your father, he was a kind soul, even his eyes were easy and forgiving, he never held a grudge, not even when you accidentally broke the oldest family heirloom. Obviously when you learned how to chant the fixing spell, you put it back together right away. Salty tears started to wave out of your eyes, like lonely rivers on a dying earth. Thinking about your parents, you couldn't handle it and you completely broke down. You started softly screaming, so nobody heard you, and begging for your parents to come back to you. You cried and cried, blaming the deaths of parents on yourself.

If I wasn't a wizard, my parents and I would have never known of this world, my parents would have never been captured and killed for being muggles and I wouldn't have to deal with stupid boys!

Suddenly, you felt arms embrace you. If you weren't shaking violently with tears, you're sure you would have accidentally casted a killing curse on the perpetrator. You just sat there, crying in somebody's arm, struggling to breathe properly due to the flow of tears.
"Shh, it's ok." You heard a familiar male voice whisper.
"Malfoy?!" You hiccoughed, pushing him away lightly and looking up.
"Thanks, but I'm not looking for an early grave, and I'm not sure you are either." You deadpanned, sniffling, trying to sound as tough as possible through your obvious tears. Instead of arguing, Malfoy nodded and gave you a little smile, before standing up and walking away. Your heart ached and it took everything in you to resist the urge to call him back, you just lay flat on your back and tried to remember the good memories with your mother, father and others you loved.

Shortly after, you returned to your common room to go to bed, your head aching from crying too much and trying to comprehend what had happened today. Gosh, why were you still going through boy drama when you were consistently avoiding the boys that wouldn't stop avoiding you? At least Malfoy let you grieve and didn't cling on to you when you obviously wanted space, smiling slightly, you returned to bed, collapsing on the soft quilt.