Chapter Eight

Tuesday, 13th of November 1994

It had been a week and a bit since most of the school had disappeared. You were still on bad terms with Malfoy, always bickering and throwing harsh insults at each other, however, he had never said anything as close to what he said about your parents. In a way, you appreciated this. The only way you were getting food at the moment was collecting all the food in the great hall , no matter if it touched the ground or not. You rationed the food and it was working out pretty well, until you'd run out. Let's say the rations weren't exactly... small. "Oh no!" Cedric exclaimed, while walking over to the soft chairs in the great hall. We'd decorated the great hall to have a comfortable chair each, from our common rooms. "We're really short on food." He said while slumping down on his yellow and black chair. "I think it'll be finished by Thursday." He sighed. Everyone was silent for a couple of seconds. "We could always go hunting." Luna spoke in a trance like voice, while looking up to the ceiling like she always did. She was paying attention only to the stars due to her running out of quibbler magazines. Draco scoffed. "I'm not sinking to peasant level, Lovegood." He snarled. "Just because you can't shoot a target even if they are standing right in front of you." You shot back, grinning. "I'd like to see you try." He said while smirking at you. "Oh it's on!" And you shook hands. "Whoever gets the least amount of food out of you and Draco should have to cook all the food for two days." Cedric said, joining in. "Perhaps I should try to lose, after all, I don't think food poisoning sounds very pleasant at this time." You teased. Draco frowned. "That really hurt my pride l/n." He said, pretending to be upset. "I'm a very good cook, it's how I get all the ladies." He stated, looking proud. "Oh! So that's why you've never had a girlfriend!" You say, mocking him with the biggest grin your face. Draco looked flushed for a millisecond then quickly covered it up by plastering a snarl on his face. Nobody noticed this except for you, as their faces were screwed up from laughing, especially Luna. She was shrieking with laughter but it was equally as funny.