Chapter Two

"THE COMMON ROOMS!" You yelled out loud.

You had not checked the Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin common rooms. You felt like such a silly sausage as you sprinted to to the closest common room; Hufflepuff. Fortunately, once you overheard Ernie MacMillan babbling on how to get into the Hufflepuff common room in first year. Thank Merlin you did, otherwise it'd be like looking for the chamber of secrets. You ran over to the right hand side of the kitchen corridor where multiple barrels were placed. You placed your fingers on the barrel two away from the bottom, middle of the second row in the rhythm of 'Helga Hufflepuff'. Praying to Merlin that it would work, you sighed in relief when the barrels ceased and you saw a hole in the wall. You clambered in it and saw a beautiful common room. However it was inhabited. Slightly disappointed, you prepared yourself for empty rooms, and an even quieter corridor. You held your breath and walked over to the dormitories, you checked the girl's first. All dorms empty. You expected this. You sighed and dragged your feet over to the boy dorms. You opened the door and stopped. A boy was doing his tie and facing the mirror. You recognised the handsome face of Cedric Diggory. Your mouth fell open and a surge of joy overwhelmed your body. "Merlin's Beard!" You screamed and ran into his arms. He was just as shocked as you were, not for the same reasons you guessed. He just stood there staring at a blubbering Gryffindor girl that he'd never spoken to before, crying on his chest and thanking Merlin. "Um... Who are you?" He asked, pulling you off of him and staring at you with deep confusion. Your face flushed. How stupid of you! You'd ran into his arms like some deranged psychopath. "Oh. I- I'm sorry, I'm- i'm y/n. Y-y/n L/n. Anyways, s-something really bad has happened.." you stammered. You took a deep breath. "There is nobody else in the school that I know of." You continued, your voice shaking. "What?" He said. He looked at you with pity. He most definitely thought you had some sort of mental disorder. You looked up at him, cheeks flushed and eyes watering. "Come." You said, pulling his arm out of the common room. He looked startled.

'He's afraid of me. I should have expected it, but I need to show him what's happened.'

You thought, while practically dragging Cedric to the empty common room, then you stepped out of the hole in the wall. You turned to face him. "See?" You said. He looked at you in the eye, with his soft brown eyes then he slowly looked around, a petrified look started to spread on his face. His eyes darted back to hers and he spoke. "Y- You said there is no one here that you know of?" He croaked. You nodded. "Where- Where do you think they are?" He asked. "I think they might be in their common room..." you started, when you noticed a flash of platinum blonde hair through the corner of your eye and your head snapped in the direction of where it came from. You saw Luna Lovegood, a Ravenclaw who seemed quite insane skipping towards them. "Hello y/n" she said, looking at you. She then looked at Cedric. "And who are you?" She said, smiling softly. "Cedric Diggory." He stammered, he looked quite nervous. Luna was known as Loony Lovegood after all, and she was misunderstood by most of the school. You didn't understand how she was so calm, but you broke out into a grin and gave her a big hug. "Thank Merlin there are more people here." You chuckled, but your voice was still shaky. Luna started to speak, while looking around. "It seems as if the school has been kidnapped. I suspect the Nargles." She said dreamily. You look at Cedric and he looked back, his eyebrows were raised. When you made eye contact, he grinned and you flushed and smiled, hoping he wouldn't notice that you went red. Luna spoke again, looking at them both; "It looks like everyone has disappeared, except one person from every house." She was quite right. "So, we're missing a...Slytherin." You said grimly and you and Cedric groaned in unison. You didn't know what it was, but every time Cedric spoke, or even smiled, your heart started to beat faster and your stomach fluttered with butterflies.

What are you doing?! Almost all of your school has disappeared and you're swooning over some pretty boy you met two minutes ago!

You thought. But anyways, we had to get the last Slytherin student. You were really wishing that they would find out there was no Slytherin student, but we had to know. "Let's go find that Slytherin then." Cedric muttered bitterly while running a hand through his hair.

He's so hot.

Shut up inner head voice.