Chapter 58

"look I m sorry for morning"manik apologized as he very well knew wat he did was wrong.

"U r sorry........" Nandini murmured while jerking his hand away.

"Nandu" manik said in a pleading tone.

"No don't .....mujhe kuch nahi sunna h apko toh akele rehne ki aadat h ....apko mere jarrurat kaha apke pass toh apki alcohol ki bottle h uski value mujhse jada h" nandini shouted angrily making manik look down in shame.

"Apne mujhse baat karne se jyada drunk hona sahi samjha....theek ha koi baat nahi....pta chal gaya mujhe I m no one to you."she said in angry making manik look at her with wide eyes.

"aisa kuch nahi h" he said.

"No need to explain I thought I have that place in your life where u can came and share anything with me without hesitation par nahi m glt thi. U toh don't even trust me" she said in a hoarse voice with tears in her eyes.

"Nandini I trust you baby please don't think that" he pleaded but nandini walked passed him. She came downstairs in the living room and was quietly weeping. 

Manik knew that this time he is at fault. He had hurt her this time. He followed her and saw her sitting in the living room. The sniffing sound was making it clear that she was crying while hiding her face in her palms. He quietly went towards her and took her in his arms side hugging her while sitting beside her.

"Sorry......hey....please nandini don't cry..." He whispered while hugging her tightly.

"Nahi chahiye mujhe apki sorry" she pushed him away while coming out of his hold.

After that he didn't utter a word.

"I miss mom" suddenly he whispered so softly that nandini almost missed it. She immediately looked at him and saw him leaning back on the couch with closed eyes resting his head on the head rest. When suddenly a lone tear rolled down from the side of his eye startling nandini.

"Manik" she immediately wiped his tear and hugged him while keeping her head on his chest.

"She was so important" he murmured. Nandini kept rubbing his chest inorder to calm him down.

"Every Sunday was my Sunday. Dad and mom dono pura din mere saath time spend karte the. They use to pamper me whole day. Mumma used to be with me whole day. Usdin bhi Sunday tha n as usual mom and dad ghr pe the hum log ka outing ka plan tha. Mom ne mujhe ready kiya and after breakfast hum nikalne wale the par mom Ko office se urgent call agaya. I was so angry par she said it's important. She promised that she will come soon par she didn't" All this time manik kept on looking at the ceiling while nandini was looking at him sadly not knowing wat to say.

"Unke jane ke baad sab change hogaya....sab. Our once happy family got destroyed. Dad was so lost after that pura din he used to work hard. Dadi was their with me but still his absence mattered. I used to wait for him ki kab wo ghr ae aur m apne ap ko assure kar saku ki he is there." He continued.

"Months after months went by I was not able to concentrate on anything. When One day urvashi malhotra came with a small baby in her hands. She wanted to talk to dad. I was in my room when I heard the crying of a baby, being curious I came in the living room and that was the time I first saw Cabir. He was so small, ptani achanak kya hua aur maine bina kuch soche usse haatho m liya and u know wat vo chup hogaya. I was so astonished that was the day uske baad Cabir became my baby. Dad married cabir's mom after that, he told me that Cabir is his son and my brother. Cabir and o became inseparable after that, pta h jab bhi usse kuch cahiye hota tha toh vo dad ke pass jane ki bajae mere pass atta tha bhai mujhe cycle cahiye, bhai mujhe drum sticks cahiye, bhai ye bhai vo. Aur ajj dekho he is the same Cabir." He looked at nandini with a sad smile.