forty-four.

Harry helped Levi unpack the groceries from their shopping trip the moment they arrived home. Once everything was put away, he told Levi he would be going out to meet with Luna.

He mentioned to Levi about what had happened to him so early in the morning. He teased him, of course.

"How do you tell someone you love them for the first time half-asleep, Harry?" Levi asked.

At the time he asked, Harry shrugged and laughed it off. He knows now, it was quite simple. He's loved her for a while, but it was so deeply embedded in his subconscious. Although his past had haunted him while he was with her and weakened him into returning into the arms of his ungrateful ex-lover, it was her all along. He had fallen hard for Luna so quickly without realizing it. So, the 'I love you' slip was inevitable. He was bound to tell her sometime. He just wishes he hadn't told her half asleep.

She texted him asking if he would come down to the coffee house once her shift was over. He instantly felt the nerves while making his trip there. He almost took a cab instead of a subway train to buy him just a little more time to figure out what to say about his little, yet not so little, slip. He isn't going to bring it, he remembers. Not yet, anyway.

He arrives at the coffee house a few minutes after one in the afternoon. He takes a look around and he finds her talking to that one handsome guy again. They're walking out from the backroom without their apron or cap on. She's laughing with him and he's slowly approaching them.

"Harry, there you are," Luna says the moment she sees him. She's holding a large cup of coffee in one hand. She reaches out for his hand with her other. She looks at her co-worker. "This is my boyfriend, Harry."

Hearing her call him her boyfriend out loud makes him smile. Suddenly the hint of jealousy sinks away.

"Ah, the boyfriend. Nice to officially meet you, I'm Andre, Dre for short... Gotta say, you better hold onto this one," he tells Harry while putting his hand out for a shake.

He looks at Dre. Shit, he's one handsome man with a chiseled jaw and Harry's jealousy comes back. "I intend to," Harry says and suddenly, he wants to take it back. Luna is not an object. It's too late to say anything when he finally shakes his hand in return. He then lets out a forced laugh. "Nice to meet you, too."

Luna presses her lips together then squeezes Harry's hand lightly. "Well, I'll see you on Monday, Dre..." She tells him and gives him a smile before pulling Harry along to leave. "This is for you," she then says to Harry, handing him the large coffee.

"For me?" He smiles. Not because he's walking away from the handsome man with his hand in Luna's, but because she thought of him. She gives him coffee and he receives it. "Why, thanks!"

"You're welcome," she says and gives him a smile as they leave the shop together. They begin walking down the spacious sidewalk on Sixth Avenue. "Don't worry, I didn't make it. I just poured it." She laughs softly.

Harry takes a sip from the hot, delicious, coffee. He hums. "Fuck, that's good." He smiles and looks over at Luna. He's left thinking. Maybe she did hear him tell her he loved her after all? He still isn't entirely sure. He opens his mouth, about to ask, but he quickly changes his mind. Bad idea, he decides. He drinks more coffee.

She's smiling. "Harry, I have to tell you something," she says. She pulls him along, crossing on the crosswalk with him to approach Bryant Park. "Let's sit?"

Harry's heart is racing. What is she going to tell him? Is she going to say it back? Oh, god. "O-Okay," he says. He follows her. They pass the moving carousel, the busy outdoor seating area, and head over to the fountain. He takes another sip from his coffee to try and soothe his nerves. He then takes a seat next to her on an empty space.

Her body is facing him. She's smiling wide and she's holding onto his free hand. "I'm so happy if you can't already tell..."

Harry laughs and he's smiling wide as well. "Yeah?" He hears the water of the fountain running behind him. He almost confuses the crashing sounds with his rapid heartbeat. He's so fucking nervous.

"Yeah! It's because Santi is coming to New York! He texted me during my break saying he bought a flight ticket here. He's arriving next week. On Wednesday, to be exact. Just before Thanksgiving... I'm so happy! Apparently, my mom is letting him come. I don't know why. Maybe she's sending him to spy on me or something, but I don't care! I'm just so excited. For me, and for him! He's going to love it here."

Harry's smile fades for a moment when he realizes she's not telling him what he thought she was going to tell him. He swallows then picks his smile back up again. "Wow! Luna, that's great," he tells her. "You and your brother should come over to my place for Thanksgiving. Really, Luna... That's great. Maybe once your mother sees that Santi's okay and you're okay, then she'll accept your decision to move here."

She smiles and nods. "I'd love to bring him over for Thanksgiving, thank you. But yeah, that's the dream. I'm really excited, Harry."

"Me too! I'm excited for you, too. Is that all you wanted to tell me?" He then asks. He bites his lip.

Luna looks into his eyes then looks behind her to see the fountain. She hums. "No," she says. "I also wanted to ask... you gotta penny? I wanna make a wish."

Harry is now sure she didn't hear him. Maybe he never even said it out loud. At least he knows how he feels about her. "A penny?" He asks then stands up. He reaches into the pocket of his white trousers. He pulls out a quarter from the bit of loose change he had. He hands it to her. "Here's a quarter. Now your wish will be twenty-five times stronger."

She takes the quarter and laughs. "I don't think that's how it works, but thank you, baby." She winks at him then closes her eyes. She's making her wish then flicks the quarter into the pool of water.

"What do you wish for?" He asks after watching the bright coin settle to the bottom.

She stands up and turns to him. She puts her hands on his hips then she stands on her tiptoes to get closer to his level. He's still taller than her. "I can't tell you," she whispers. She leans in for a quick kiss. She then laughs when pulling back. "Can we get something to eat now? I'm starving."

Harry smiles and nods. She starts walking and he catches up. He takes her hand again and he smiles even more as she interlocks their fingers and swings it back and forth. "What are you in the mood for?"

"If I tell you what I'm in the mood for, then we'd end up in a bedroom and not a restaurant," she nudges.

He's smirking. He looks at Luna and he let's go of her hand to let his arm wrap around her shoulder. He pulls her close and he laughs when she giggles. "Oh," Harry says. "I don't mind ending up in a bedroom."

She looks up to him as they are walking together. She smiles as she fits under his arm just right. "I know you don't, but let's save it for later," she says while holding onto his waist. She smiles with him.

ah, thank you all again. we've reached 6k reads and i appreciate it all!

more on the way, soon.

stay safe,
mila.