forty-seven.

THANKSGIVING
PART ONE

Harry is dressed up wearing flared corduroy pants paired with a striped t-shirt. He would top off his outfit with a fun jacket, but he's too busy. He has an apron on while working heavily in the kitchen.

Levi wasn't much help. He only cut up a few vegetables and Harry can't believe he cooked up a whole feast on his own for a holiday he doesn't celebrate back home. He thinks it's ridiculous.

"It smells really good, mate!" Levi says. He's flipping through the latest issue of À La Mode that Harry has brought home. He doesn't even read it. He only looks at the pictures.

"Well, I hope it does! I cooked everything," he said and sighs as he refills a glass of wine for himself. He needs to numb away his exhaustion.

Levi gasps and closes the magazine when he hears a knock on the door. "Our first guest!" He smiles and eagerly goes over to the door.

Harry drinks down the sweet wine as he stays in the kitchen. It's probably Levi's friend from work, he assumes.

"This is my roommate, Harry!" Levi introduces when he steps back into the kitchen with his guests. "And, Harry, this is my good friend from work, Mike and his girlfriend, Talia."

"Oh, it's lovely to meet you! Welcome to our home and Happy Thanksgiving," Harry tells them. He greets them both with a handshake. "Can I offer you some beer or wine, maybe?"

"Likewise! I'll take a beer. My girl, I think she'll take a wine," Mike says.

Harry nods. He excuses himself to get them what they want. He hands Mike the cold one then gives Talia the glass of wine.

"Thank you. It smells really good, by the way," Talia tells him.

Harry smiles wide. "Thanks! I would give credit to Levi but..." he sucks in a breath. "He didn't do shit." He smiles as he sends a head shake towards Levi.

Levi's friends laugh and Harry smiles as he excuses himself again. He hears a knock on the door and he walks over to answer it this time.

"Hi, sir!" Harry's favorite intern greets him. Nolan and a taller man behind him, who must be his boyfriend, stand there. Nolan's boyfriend is holding a box. Harry recognizes the label on the box and he just knows it's pie.

"You made it! Come in," he tells them and he steps aside. He ended up inviting Nolan and his boyfriend over for Thanksgiving after hearing they were going to order takeout for dinner. It's a good thing there's plenty of food. Harry should know. He cooked it all.

"This is my boyfriend, Logan." He introduces.

"Hey, Logan. I'm Harry. Nice to meet you! Is that pie? I can take that out of your hands for you," Harry says. He smiles when Logan hands the boxed dessert over.

"I've heard a lot about you, Harry. Nolan really looks up to you. Also, I'm a fan of your work," he whispers the last part.

"Don't worry, only he knows you're 'H'," Nolan whispers to Harry.

Harry laughs and smiles at both of them from their whispers. "Shh," he teases and winks at them. "Let me get you guys something to drink." He leads them to the kitchen as he slides the box of pie onto the counter.

The pair take a beer and Harry then leads them over to Levi and his friends to introduce. He smiles as everyone is so quick to get along.

He steps to the side and goes over to find the TV remote. He turns it on to watch the upcoming American football game. Ever since he moved to America, he's grown a liking for the sport. He watches the kickoff before hearing another knock on the door. He hopes it's Luna. He goes over to the door to find out.