sixty-four.

CHRISTMAS EVE
PART ONE

Harry stretches in bed when morning comes around. He feels like he's finally regained his sleep from the travel he and Luna endured. He looks over at her and he smiles when catching her asleep. He turns his body to her and he leans close to kiss her forehead.

She moves under his kiss.

"Wake up," he whispers as he eagerly waits for her to open her eyes. He laughs softly when she flutters them open. "Merry Christmas Eve."

She closes her eyes again and frowns when she tries to swallow. "Merry-" she says, but her voice is a little hoarse.

"What's wrong?" He asks. He sits up, pushing the blankets off his shirtless body.

"My throat hurts."

"Your throat?" Harry worries. He watches as she sits up and he figures the walk in the rain must be the reason for her sore throat. "Are you coming down with a cold?"

She frowns from swallowing again. "I think so," she says.

Oh. He's read about this. Colds are never just colds for people with lupus. "I shouldn't have taken you out on that walk... Shit, what do I do? Are you okay? How do you feel?" He reaches out to touch her forehead to check if she's warm.

She moves from his touch. "I'm fine, Harry... It's just a sore throat. Tea. I think I just need tea, please."

He puts his hand down after she didn't let him feel her forehead. Maybe it is just a sore throat. He sighs. "I'll get you some tea then... Lay down, I'll be back." Harry gets out of bed and he picks up his t-shirt from off the floor. He puts it on just as he leaves his bedroom. He closes the door on his way out and makes his way downstairs.

His mum is already in the kitchen working on the feast for the Christmas dinner set for the evening. "Happy Christmas Eve, my darling! Where's Luna?"

Harry walks past her to get to the tea kettle. He fills it with water from the filtered sink then brings it to the stove. "She's upstairs. She has a sore throat so I'm preparing her some tea." He's going through his mum's collection of assorted tea bags, he forgets to wish her a Merry Christmas Eve in return.

"Oh no," she says and stops peeling the carrots. "I knew it was a bad idea the moment the two of you came back from your walk completely soaked."

He should've known better. Luna doesn't have the strongest immune system. He sighs and shakes his head to himself.

"Harry?" His mum steps closer. "Are you alright? You seem a little agitated."

"What tea is best for a sore throat?" He asks, ignoring her concern.

"Try chamomile... It's right here," his mother says as she reaches over into her bin of teabags. She pulls it out for him.

Harry takes it. "Thanks," he tells her. He sets the tea bag aside then puts her bin away. He waits for the tea kettle to whistle, but it's taking way too long.

"Harry, I asked if you were alright," his mother brings up.

He finally looks at her. "Yeah... I'm fine. Where's Gemma?"

"She went out for an errand," she answers him. "I can call her and see if she could bring Luna something for her sore throat. Maybe some cough drops or syrup. I don't have any of that here."

"Would you, please? I think that would really help her," he tells his mum.

"Okay... but, Harry? It's just a sore throat. Don't stress about it, Luna's fine." She laughs softly.