author's note.

DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE MOON. SPOILERS AHEAD, lol.

oh, hi!

if you have made it to the end, i appreciate the time you took out of your valuable day to read this story.

this book is my baby

this book is my baby. i've had her in the works for a very long time. it wasn't until a few months ago, or the beginning of self-quarantine, when i said, "what the hell!" so i wrote a harry fic and decided to post it. i hadn't realized just how beautiful and supportive the people in the wattpad community are. the amount of stories, beautiful works in the making, created by people who simply enjoy writing is just so fucking cool. it's amazing to be apart of.

yes, i knew luna's fate from the very beginning. it's not something i decided to throw in there. reading back, i got the impression that maybe her having an illness was a bit unexpected or maybe it was introduced a little late. though, it's only because i mainly wrote from harry's perspective.

he initially met a girl at a bar. he never intended to fall in love with her, no. dammit, she never intended to fall in love with him either. for a while, it was all about having sex and feeling sad for the both of them. yet, feeding into the attraction each time they were left alone and providing one another with a pick-me-up whenever needed had been a recipe for something beautiful. falling in love was inevitable. though, they had to be willing to let each other fall first.

she had struggles of her own so letting herself fall, trusting him, and being completely open, was not easy. not when the world wouldn't give her a chance. eventually she broke down her walls. she got the chance to feel the most powerful force of love everybody longs for.

i hope i didn't upset anyone by not avoiding some of life's harsh realities. it hurt to write. in the end, it's a story about two imperfect people and growth. harry started off with a broken heart thinking it was the end of the world. it wasn't. he fell in love again only to lose again. growth, resilience, to love again—it's all possible. we wouldn't function properly as humans if that was a lie. 

this story is dedicated to a friend. he was vibrant with the most prettiest soul ever known. i knew him very well, as we battled the same complicated disease. may he rest in peace.

if you have any questions, about this story or about me, feel free to ask!

i'm beyond grateful for the reads (the silent ones, especially), the votes, and the comments. writing, as much as reading, was the escape i needed and craved. thank you!

from one harry lover to another: tpwk!

love,
mila.

p

p.s. hope you'll join me again soon? maybe harry's journey isn't over. take care and stay safe. oh, and appreciate life... even if things might seem rough right now.

p.s.s. my girl considerings helped make a playlist for luna and harry. i love her. check it out, maybe. it's at the very end!