I Forgave You

I forgave you today, as I do everyday. Not because you were deserving of it. Not because of the love I once had for you. I forgave you today for the sake of my peace. Though I will never forget what you did to me, I forgive you.

I release the power you have over me and I take back what rightfully belongs to me. My peace has always been mine and you had no right to it. I regret ever giving you the keys to those gates. I regret ever allowing myself to think that just for a moment you would be my peace. I forgive you.

I forgave you today, as  I do everyday. Not because you asked me to, as you usually do. Not because it makes you feel better about yourself. I forgave you today for the sake of my sanity. Though I will always remember the lies you told me, I forgive you.

I shall erase everything about you and fill that void with something worth living for. I will wash away the saccharine scent of your lies that brought many tears to my eyes. I will pick up the pieces and continue forward because my story does not end here. 

I forgave you today, as I do everyday. Not because it has become routine for me to do so. Not because you are expecting my forgiveness. I forgave you today because this is the last time I will. Come tomorrow, forgiveness will have no home here.

So leave and never return. Go back to your existence before me. You claim it was better then than it is now, so prove it. As for me, I will be just fine without you. I'm taking it all back and you will never to see anything concerning me again. Well, maybe, my happiness as I remove you from my minds eye and shift it towards something with a better view.

I forgave you today, as I do everyday. I did it because I'm ready to live for me and who I am meant to be. I did it because my future is here and my past shall no longer hold me back. I did it because I'm ready to forgive myself for ever thinking that you were worth my heart. 

Ummmmm PERIODDDDDD sis! Take back your power! He or she was not worth it

Ummmmm PERIODDDDDD sis! Take back your power! He or she was not worth it. We ain't trading our peace for who? NOBODY 😁. Lol hey yall.

Leave some thoughts and see you in the next one 💖