Something Different

I wish, oh how I wish that we were something different. Maybe if you had loved me differently, if you held me differently or even just talked to me differently, I'm sure we could've been something great.

Instead you loved me the best way you knew how which always left me wondering if you truly did. You held me at a distance instead of close to your heart like a lover should. Our love could've been something different, something greater than what it was, but now it's not.

I just wish for anything to have been different at this point. Maybe the way we met was a sign, maybe the moments after that were last notices but we ignored them all and kept going cause we thought that we knew it all.

Now everything has crashed and burned because we didn't take time to read the owner's manual on love. Now love has made a fool of me and a mockery of us. Love stands before me, telling me "I told you so". The warning signs were there. The alarms were ringing, and even with their deafening sound, we kept going.

And now here we are, regretting all the moments shared, all the words said, the hearts we bared to each other, and the souls we intertwined together.

In a way, we were something different. Our love wasn't conventional, but it was our own. And for a time it worked. That's our truth or perhaps our well dressed lie.

We could be loving, my honey
Kissing and cuddling live in Miami, oh
We could've been something different, oh

We could be loving, my honeyKissing and cuddling live in Miami, ohWe could've been something different, oh

Heyyyy!!

This was inspired by Somehting Different x Adekunle Gold.

Anywho how are you? Hope you're well🤗

Did we like 😁?

Leave some thoughts and see you in the next one 💖