Prologue

Three months earlier...
I was at a party with my good friends Malina and Kenzie, I wasn't the type of girl who would go to parties, but my friends pretty much pressured me into going. The only thing that was exciting about it, was that Dylan was there.

Dylan and I had known each other since we were in 4th grade, we had been the best of friends. But now, here we were five years later, barely talking to each other. "Y/n, I think it's time for you to get another boyfriend," Malina smiled taking a sip of her punch.

"Malina, I told you, I'll get another boyfriend when I'm ready for one, you sound like my dad," I sighed rolling my eyes. I had been in one failed relationship before, and it really affected me, so that's why I tried not to fall in love with anybody, I didn't want to go through that same heartbreak again.

"Hey girls, you enjoying the party?" A voice asked. I looked over and saw that it was Dylan standing inches away from me. "Yeah, we're having a fun time," I answered. Dylan grabbed a cup full of punch and walked away, but a split second later, Malina and Kenzie started giggling like little kids.

"What's so funny?" I asked. "You and Dylan totally had a romantic moment together," Kenzie snickered. "Oh my god, stop! Dylan and I barely talk to each other anymore," I sighed. But Kenzie and Malina continued giggling and looking at me then looked over at Dylan who was talking to a few of his friends. "Why don't you go ask him to dance with you?" Kenzie asked.

Honestly, I did not want to, but I knew that I had to otherwise they bug me about it non-stop. "Okay, maybe I will," I said placing my punch on a nearby table. I walked across the room and gently tapped Dylan on the shoulder. "Hey, do you want to dance?" I asked. A small smile spread across Dylan's face and he nodded, and walked with me to the middle of the living room.

A Flo Rida song started playing and Dylan and I started dancing, and let's just say that Dylan was a good dancer. For the rest of the party, Dylan and I had spent time together for the rest of the party. And at the end, Dylan walked me home. "I had a fun time tonight," I said when we reached the front door. "Yeah, we should hang out again sometime," he smiled. Dylan and I lightly embraced each other and we said our goodbyes.

Little did I know that soon we would connect over the summer, but when school started, I would constantly ask myself, "Is there life after love?"

A/n: Alright guys that was the prologue to the story, I will upload Chapter One later today so stayed tuned!