Chapter Eighteen

Y/n's P.O.V

A week after Kenzie and Hannah had been found guilty of first degree aggravated stalking, we had to wait another week for the sentencing hearing. My mother had sent a letter to the judge asking for the maximum sentence for a minor. When I looked up the maximum sentence, it turned out it wasn't that long, it was three years. 

I didn't want to tell my mother about it until the sentencing hearing, but three years was long enough in my opinion for the sentencing, we were fifteen, so by the time Kenzie and Hannah got out, they would be eighteen years old, sure their lives would be ruined, but they should've thought about that before telling me to kill myself. Then the day of the sentencing hearing had arrived, and I was praying that they Kenzie and Hannah would not get probation.

While my mom was driving us to the courthouse, I felt Dylan grab my hand and lightly squeeze silently reassuring me that everything would be okay, but I wouldn't be okay until the judge made the sentence. Hannah and Kenzie's parents glared at us as we walked into the courtroom, and when the judge entered the room, the families' lawyers made their statements claiming that "Hannah and Kenzie had merely been framed and that the real person who was cyberbullying me was still out there,"

I was disgusted needless to say, but then my lawyer made his statemen saying that "Hannah and Kenzie wanted to make me feel like nobody cared about me, so they turned to using social media under aliases to try to cover up their crimes," The day I tried to commit suicide kept playing over and over again like a broken record, and I could hear my small whimpers as I made the first few cuts, I tried to shake them off, but I kept hearing them repeating themselves.

"Ms. L/n, are you alright?" my lawyer asked. The screams had stopped, and I slowly nodded, and after an hour of hearing from both sides, he made his decision. "Will the defendants rise?" the judge asked. Kenzie and Hannah stood up, and I was bracing myself for the sentence. "the court has found you guilty of first degree aggravated stalking, and has found enough evidence to give you the appropriate sentence, Kenzie Breslaw and Hannah Hiebert, I sentence you to three years in the juvenile detention center, I understand that you have a statement you would like to say on your behalf?"

I let out a breath of relief knowing that they were going to juvie, but now I was wondering what Kenzie and Hannah were going to say, I didn't know if they would own up to their mistakes, or if they would act like the victims like they always had. "Yes your honor, I want to say to the family of the victim, that we won't ask for mercy because we did not commit these crimes, and as a consequence, we do not accept the sentence, as it is not a sentence of ours, it is a sentence of somebody else who is not in this room today," Hannah said.

I was shocked by what I heard, but I knew that there was no way that they would apologize for their actions but I was also secretly hoping that they would accept the consequence. When the court was adjourned, Dylan and I held each other close and cried happy tears. "Three years isn't long enough, but it's better than nothing," Mom  sighed. But, as we walked out of the courthouse, we ran into the Breslaw and Hiebert family's.

"You don't understand how much pain you've cause our families Ms. L/n, you will regret this," Mr. Hiebert said as his wife cried into his chest. "Our Kenzie would never hurt a fly, you just wanted to frame her so you could be with Dylan," Mrs. Breslaw sobbed. We didn't say anything, we just walked past them acting like they weren't even there.

"They're just trying to make you feel bad, you did the right thing Y/n, if you didn't press charges, Hannah and Kenzie would have gotten away with it, and could have possibly hurt someone else," Mom said as she turned on the ignition. I felt my stomach start to grumble and we headed to a nearby burger restaurant for lunch. My mom and dad sat a different table while Dylan and I ate our burgers together.

"It's been a while, since we went out like this," he said as he took a sip of his soda. "Yeah, it has," I answered. "So, is this like a date?" he asked. Even though Dylan and I had been inseparable ever since we shared our first kiss in the hospital, we had never confirmed if we were back together or not, and with everything that had been going on, I couldn't find the time to ask him if he wanted to get back together.

"Yes, this is a date," I answered. Dylan chuckled softly as he reached for his soda and he took another sip as I took a bite of my burger. I was hoping that now that the trial was over, I could try to move on from what had happened.

A/n: Alright guys, I really hate to say this, but soon Is There Life After Love will reach it's ending, I don't know how many chapters there will be until the finale, but I just wanted you guys to know that the story of Y/n and Dylan will soon come to an end. But until then, you'll have to wait and see what happens!

With love,

Duskprincess89