Chapter Seventeen

Dylan's P.O.V.

The next few days were very rough, word broke out about Y/n's attempted suicide, and local news stations wanted to interview her and Kenzie, but Y/n's parents didn't allow that, which was a good thing. I stayed by Y/n's side through it all, we weren't officially back together, but we were something along those lines. The next day, was the day of Kenzie and Hannah's trial, and I could tell that Y/n was shaking. On the way to the courthouse, I held Y/n's hand and I tried to calm her down, while her parents were talking to their lawyer.

When we walked into the courtroom Y/n took a seat next to her lawyer, and I could hear them talking, but I couldn't make out what they were saying. "All rise, the honorable Judge Taylor," Everyone in the courtroom stood up as the judge entered the room and sat in a big comfortable chair on the stand. "You may be seated, case number #5376 the people vs Kenzie Breslaw and Hannah Hiebert is now in session," the judge said hitting the gavel.

For over an hour, we heard the opening statements from both the Prosecution and The Defense Attornies, now it was all boiling down to Y/n's testimony. "I call Ms. Y/n L/n, to the stand," The judge said. I could see Y/n was shaking as she walked up to the witness stand, she wiped a tear off of her face, and sighed. 

"Ms. L/n, can you tell the jury what happened the day of your suicide attempt," the defense asked. If it was the prosecution, she would've been just fine, but because she was dealing with the defense, I knew that they would try to make her crack under the pressure. "I was going downstairs to get something for dinner, and I got a notification on my phone, It was another message from YouTube, and the person under the alias User3, and it said that I was worthless and everybody hates me, and to just pull the trigger already," Y/n answered.

"Do you have reason to believe that it was Ms. Breslaw or Ms. Hiebert who sent that message, it never revealed their true identity, never had a profile pic," the prosecution said. "Objection!" Y/n's lawyer called. I was starting to growing nervous hoping that Y/n would stay calm and composed, and she did. "Are you saying that I deserve what happened?" Y/n asked. The prosecution looked very flustered and I could see that his face was glowing red.

"Because, if your saying that, your basically telling every bullied teenager, to just take listen to those comments and pull the trigger," Y/n said. "No further questions your honor," the prosecution said. Now, it was time for the defendant's testimony. I looked at Kenzie and Hannah in disgust, I think Kenzie got the clear message that I was not with her anymore. Kenzie and Hannah acted like Y/n deserved their actions, I hoped that the jury would find them guilty.

Finally, the jury took a brief recess to decide the verdict. Then, the jury came back with the verdict, I was hoping for the best, but I was also bracing for the worst. "I am in receipt of the jury's verdict, would you please deliver this to the clerk for pronouncement?" Judge Taylor asked the officer that standing next to him.

I was shaking, and kept my fingers and toes crossed that the jury found them guilty. Kenzie and Hannah stood up as we waited to hear the verdict. "We the jury, in Vancouver Canada, Find the defendants Kenzie Breslaw and Hannah Hiebert, on the charge of aggravated stalking in the first degree, guilty as charged, so say we all,"

I let out a breath of relief, and I could see that Y/n was crying tears of joy. When the court was adjorned, Y/n and I embraced each other and we hoped that the judge would come up with an appropriate sentence. But all we could do was hope...

A/n: Alright, so the next chapter will be uploaded later today, so we'll find out what the sentence is, Will Kenzie and Hannah be placed in the juvenile detention center, or will they get probation? Stay tuned for later today!