Chapter Eight

Dylan's P.O,V.

Ever since lunch period, I hadn't seen Y/n all day, I was worried that something happened to her. When the second bell rang, the teacher started taking attendance. "Kenzie Breslaw?" The teacher called out. "Here," Kenzie called from the back of the room. "Dylan Kingwell?" I raised my hand and I watched as the teacher checked me off her list. "Y/n L/n?" But, there was no response.

The teacher called out her name again, but still no answer. "Does anybody know where Y/n is?" The teacher asked. The last time I saw her was at lunch, then I realized what happened to her, She and Louis skipped school. "Mr. Kingwell, do you know where Y/n is?" the teacher asked. Now, I wasn't going to snitch on her because even though we weren't talking at the moment, she was still a friend and I wasn't going to ran her out.

"She got sick, and texted me saying that she couldn't go to school," I lied. The teacher seemed to believe it and we continued the lesson with Mitosis and Meiosis. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, and while the teacher wasn't looking, I pulled it out and saw that Kenzie sent me a text.

Kenzie: She's not sick, it's obvious that she skipped school

Dylan: I know, but I wasn't going to rat her out

Kenzie: You should have,

Dylan: Why?

Kenzie: I don't know, all I'm saying is you should have ratted her out to the teacher

Dylan: I'm not gonna rat her out!

Kenzie: Why are you defending her?

Dylan: I'm not!

Kenzie: Whatever,

I wanted to say something out loud, but then the teacher would know that I was texting in class. I had no idea what Kenzie's problem was, but she just needed to calm the hell down. "Mr. Kingwell, are you paying attention?" I looked up and saw the teacher was looking at me. "Yes," I answered as I carefully slid my phone back into my pocket. "Really? Then tell us the phases that a mitosis cell goes through,"

"Interphase, Prophase, Metaphase, and Telophase," I answered. I don't think the teacher was expecting that answer, I think she was probably expecting me to get it wrong so I got detention for being on my phone. "That's correct," she answered then she turned around and continued writing on the whiteboard. Then, I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket again, I looked down again and saw that Kenzie sent me another text.

Kenzie: Real smooth,

Dylan: Quit texting me or I'll get detention,

Kenzie: Your no fun...