Chapter Sixteen

Y/n's P.O.V.

I couldn't believe that Kenzie and her friend Hannah could possibly be the ones who caused me to do what I did. I could tell that Dylan was in shock, but he was trying his best to hide it. "We're gonna need to have you come down to the police station to answer some questions," the officer said breaking the ominous silence in the room. Dylan and I looked at each other and nodded, My mom drove me and Dylan to the police station and Dylan and I were placed in an interrogation room, and I was very nervous. I felt Dylan take my hand in his and give me a reassuring squeeze.

"It's gonna be okay, we'll get through this together," he whispered as he pressed a soft kiss to my cheek. Then, a detective walked into the room and sat down across the table from us. "Ms. L/n, could you tell me the events before you tried to take your own life?" she asked getting her notepad and pen ready. "I had posted a video to YouTube, it was a cover video, and shortly after the video was uploaded there were comments telling me to kill myself, but I ignored at first thinking that it was just a troll," I started.

Every now and then, I would pause and look down and try my best to hold back tears. When I finished, Dylan and I embraced each other as I sobbed into his chest. "I understand that this is a hard time for you, but I need to know if you and your family want to pressure charges," The detective said. Dylan and I pulled out of the embrace, and I realized that this wasn't an easy decision.

If I did press charges, I would have to go to court, and it would cause a huge social media storm, but if I didn't, Kenzie and Hannah would get away with it, and they could hurt someone else. "Y/n, it's okay, I'll support whatever decision you decide to make," Dylan whispered. "I-I would like to press charges," I answered.  The detective nodded, and left the room. when the door closed all the way, I let out a small sob and Dylan wrapped his arms around me.

"I know that was hard, but Kenzie and Hannah need to learn the consequences," he whispered. I knew that, but it still didn't feel good pressing charges against my former friend. Afterwards, m parents were walking outside for us, and when we walked out of the police station, I laid my head on Dylan's shoulder, as we drove back to the house. We tried to continue the party, but ever since the officer told us the identities of the cyberbullies, it was a bitter pill to swallow.

A/n: Sorry this chapter was so short, I didn't know how to end this, but anyways, I'll upload the next chapter tomorrow, Will Kenzie and Hannah get away with their crimes, or will they be doing some hard time behind bars? Stay tuned for tomorrow to find out!