[23] Drum Roll, Please

—Previously—

"Listen kitten, don't hate me. You and I both know this isn't gonna work, we hate each other too much to make a relationship work." He said taking a look pause as he caressed my cheeks "and......you have gotten too deep into my skin just to let it stay the way it is right now"  He whispered

"I need to get you out of my system, Kiara Mikaelson."

"Well....what do you say, yes or no? I'll respect your answer either way..."

I removed the hand he was caressing my cheeks from and said "no, Elijah....who do you think I am huh? another one of your sex buddies..." He took a step back "no, cupcake. It's not what I meant okay? Look you are the only girl......who doesn't like me. It's all very new to me, I have always had girls chasing me but it's not the same case with you.YOU ARE NOT THEM."

"Just.....give me a day." He asked "for what?"  "To show you that......that this could work"

I had never seen Elijah this desperate. He would have not even wasted a second more of his time if some other girl was in my position......

"NO" I said as his eyes lowered to the floor like a kid after hearing his mother denying to buy him an ice cream. "I'm sorry Elijah, you don't do relationships and I don't do one night stands" I said as I took a step forward and reached for his arm "let's not talk about it right now okay? Let's just go inside as the results are yet to come" he said as he looked up and I nodded in agreement.

"I am pretty sure Bri is gonna kick our asses" I said as he chuckled and replied "Then we're gonna get our asses kicked. Trust me....no one gets away from Bri"

I turned on my heels as I felt Elijah's hand on my lower back sending shivers throughout my body. He guided me through the door, As soon as he pushed the door and we walked in, we saw everyone sitting down on their respective tables, eating the dinner served. "Kiara!!" Lukas shouted as he ran up to me and pulled me into a hug away from Elijah's side. I saw Elijah's hands clenching in a fist from the corner of my eyes, which was my cue to pull away from the hug.

"Lukas, I'm fine" I said taking a step back as he eyed Elijah. "You had no right to kiss her" he spoke as Elijah took a step forward pulling me behind him as he said "YOU out of all people shouldn't be lecturing me about my rights, Lukas" Elijah said as his fits clenched besides him "at least I don't sleep with someone else's girlfriends" Elijah added as Lukas's eyes widened, he looked down on the floor. Elijah was furious.....his body was tensed, he had his jaw clenched and his statement was dripping in venom.

I was scared of Elijah's ability at that moment. He looked capable of punching Lukas to death, burying him alive or slaughtering him and that to in front of everyone and not caring for a bit. So I pulled him, turning him to me as I cupped his face and said "it's okay..." I saw his body relaxing under my touch, his face softening up, fists unclenching as he nodded and said "let's get you some food" he said in a soft voice as he took my hand.

"No wait......I'll meet you there in a min" I said as he saw back and forth between me and Lukas "keep your hands to yourself" that's the last thing Elijah said before he left me and Lukas alone. "Lukas, I'm so sorry but I have to ditch you for tonight...... Elijah is kinda not in the mood and I have to be with him to ensure that he doesn't murder anyone"  he chuckled "yeah....I get it and it's okay, but you still owe me a date"

"Woah woah a date?! I only agreed to a dinner as friends" I said while backing up in my Defense "nobody mentioned as friends to me...... see you later, Princess" he winked at me while walking past me. Ugh Lukas fucking douchus.