20. I want Papa

Namjoon walked out of the shower, rubbing his hair with a towel. He looked at Jin, who was sitting cross legged on the bed, looking lost in his thoughts. 

"What's wrong, honey?" Namjoon asked as he got onto the bed and wrapped his arms around Jin's waist, pulling him down along with him. 

Jin shook his head, furrowing his eyebrows futher. Namjoon pressed a small kiss between the eyebrows and used his fingers to straighten out the frown. "Tell me, baby! What's bothering you?" he asked. 

"Do you think Jungkook and Tae are gonna get together or something?" Jin asked. "Yup. They seem very close. Why is that bothering you?" Namjoon asked. Jin cleared his throat, shook his head and buried his face into Namjoon's chest, frowning once again. 

Namjoon thought about what might be bothering Jin. He had only one reason in his mind, but he didn't think that would be why Jin was bothered about it. He shook his head and kissed Jin's forehead. 

"Good night, love" he said. Jin lifted his head up and kissed Namjoon on his lips. "Good night" he whispered and two of them silently went back to thinking about different stuff. 

Namjoon could tell that Jin didn't sleep a wink the previous night. He could feel him tossing and turning the whole time. And by the time he woke up, Jin wasn't even there on the bed. He was standing in the balcony, spacing out on the flowers below. 

"Good morning. Are you still thinking about that?" Namjoon asked. "Yeah...I really didn't think they would get this close" Jin said. "It's their life and their wish, Jinnie. Leave them alone. Come on, give me something, I am hungry" Namjoon said. 

Jin sighed loudly before pecking Namjoon's lips and walking out of the balcony and into the kitchen. 

They spent the morning peacefully without any disturbances. Taehyung was supposed to go on a date in the evening, but he refrained himself from telling them that it was a date. 

"Hyung, I'm going out with Jungkook in the evening" Taehyung said as they ate their lunch. "What?!" Jin asked, eyes wide. "We are going out somewhere. Can I take Dohyeon with me as well?" Taehyung asked. 

Jin sighed in relief, knowing that it wouldn't be a date if Taehyung took Dohyeon with him. "Tae, are you seeing Jungkook?" Jin suddenly asked. "No, I'm seeing my plate" Taehyung said. "You know what I mean" Jin deadpanned. 

"Yeah, yeah. Not yet. Why, though?" Taehyung asked. "Yet..?" Jin asked. "I mean, I dunno if he likes me or not" Taehyung said, clearing his throat. "Ohh" Jin said. He wanted to say many more things, but he stopped himself as Namjoon was with them. 

Taehyung and Jungkook were originally supposed to go on a date alone. Jungkook had even bought tickets for a drive-in movie. But Taehyung received a call from Jungkook in the afternoon saying that Junha was being uncharacteristically clingy and that he was refusing to stay away from him. 

So they decided to make it a play date for the kids and enjoy the movie themselves. Fortunately, there was a child care right beside the drive-in movie center and they could just leave the kids there and watch the movie and then pick them up and go for dinner. Smooth, right? 

But by the time Jungkook came to pick him up, Dohyeon had sneezed thrice and coughed twice. So Jin refused to send him outside in the cold weather. He just consoled himself by the fact that Junha would be there to stop the two from having a date. 

And that was how Jungkook and Taehyung ended up at the drive-in movie centre with Junha in the backseat of the car, playing with Jungkook's phone. Jungkook and Taehyung held hands on the gear as they watched the movie. 

They had an intermission of ten minutes when Junha squeaked from the back. "Papa, thaiga hung'y" he said. Jungkook looked back at Junha and at Taehyung. "I'll be right back" he said, opening the door to get out of the car, but froze when Junha started crying, asking him not to go anywhere. 

Jungkook sighed and opened Junha's door and took him along with him. "What's up with you, champ? Why are you being like this today?" he asked, placing a small kiss on his cheek and walking to the shop to buy a small packet of fruit bread for Junha. 

Junha just pouted and buried his face into Jungkook's neck. Jungkook patted Junha's head before stepping into the shop. He bought the bread and hurried back to the car. He opened the packet and took two pieces for him and Taehyung before handing the packet to Junha. 

The movie had resumed. Taehyung smiled as Jungkook placed a piece into his mouth. He reached out to do the same when Jungkook's phone rang. He ignored it at first, enjoying the movie along with Taehyung. But it rang again and he turned back to take it from Junha. 

It was his dad. 

"Hello, dad?" Jungkook said as he lifted the call. "Hey Kook! You gotta come to ****** hospital, man! Your mum just fainted out of the blue and I called for an ambulance. We are on the way now. Come fast" his dad said before hanging up.

Jungkook was panicking by the time his father hung up. "Hey! Hey, what's wrong?" Taehyung asked. "M-My mom! It seems she fainted. Oh my god, I need to go to the hospital! I c-can't take Junha to the hospital with me. I-I won't take him. T-Taehyung, you ta-" 

"Chill. Calm down, first! I will take him to your house and take care of him. You just go to the hospital. I'll take the bus and go to your house" Taehyung said. "O-Okay, do that" Jungkook said. 

Taehyung got off the car and took Junha with him. Junha didn't understand what was happening at first, but he started crying the second Jungkook drove away. "Papa!! Papa! I wan' Papa! Taetae, I wan' Papa!" he kept crying as Taehyung walked to the bus stop. 

To say Taehyung was pissed would be an understatement. He wasn't pissed at Jungkook. He was pissed at his luck.

First of all, his date was ruined by the fact that Junha was being clingy. If not for Junha, they could have done soo many things in that movie center. And then Jungkook's mother had to faint right when they were having a semi-date. 

And the kid who generally had no problem mingling with people was suddenly bawling his eyes out for his father. 

Even though he had always been very good with kids, he had never been good with crying kids. Especially those who cried too much. And he was already pissed on top of that, making it an unhealthy combination. 

"Junha, stop crying" he said with a straight face as he paid for the bus and sat down with Junha on his lap, facing him. Junha didn't stop. He just cried harder. Taehyung sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, praying for some patience. 

"I think he is hungry" one of the ladies in the bus said as Junha cried non-stop, snot and tears blending as they ran down his face. "He ate bread just now" Taehyung said. 

He was already starting to see red. 

"Then he might be having a stomach ache or something" the lady said. "Ohh. I'll go home and see" Taehyung said and turned towards Junha with a glare. 

"I said stop crying" he glared at him, placing both of his hands firmly on Junha's shoulders. But that only made Junha cry harder, this time fear blending along with his other feelings. 

"Papa.....Papa..." 

They finally reached their stop and Taehyung got down, picking Junha up with him. Junha started pulling Taehyung's hair out, hoping Taehyung would let him go to his father at least then. 

And that was his last straw. He didn't care that Junha was just a two and a half year old kid who was simply crying for his father. He didn't care if the kid was crying because he didn't know how to express his stomach ache. He didn't care if he was in the corridor of the apartment or if someone saw him hitting the kid. 

All he saw was red.