45. Painting set

Six months later.......

"No no no no Junha! That's not how you do it! NOOO!!" Jungkook yelled as he ran from the kitchen to stop his son from pouring all the paint on himself. But he was too late. Junha had already decided that his white T-shirt was a better canvas than the book that he had in front of him and had put his finger into the 'blue' paint and poured it all over himself. 

Finding it more fun than doing it on paper, he added red, green and black paints as well, giggling at the mixture of paint on his legs and hands and face and shirt and whatnot, which had brought Jungkook's attention to him in the first place. 

Honestly, Jungkook had no idea why he thought it would be a good idea to let his three-year-old son explore the world of painting at such a young age without adult supervision. He had just done it to keep Junha from zooming inside the house from room to room, not knowing what to do with his energy. 

He just wanted to keep him still and busy so that he could cook peacefully. But Junha obviously had other ideas. 

"Junhaaaa" Jungkook groaned as he picked up all the paint bottles and dumped them into a box. He was just about to pick him up when he noticed just how much of a mess his son had made. 

"UGHHHH, TAEHYUNG!!!!!!" he yelled. 

"You called, honey?" Taehyung asked as he opened the front door and stepped in, placing his shoes in the rack before coming to see what made Jungkook scream for him so bad that he literally heard it near stairs of the floor below them. 

"YESS! RIGHT IN TIME!!" Jungkook yelled again, glaring at his boyfriend who had just finished his therapy session. "WHICH MUGGLE-HEADED POPCORN'S IDEA WAS IT TO GIFT A THREE-YEAR-OLD KID WITH PAINT BOTTLE SET????" Jungkook yelled. 

Taehyung giggled as he took in the mess Junha had made on the floor of the living room and on himself. "Guilty" he said, bending down to poke Junha's green and blue nose. "Good work, champ!" he said and ran to the bathroom to avoid getting hit by Jungkook. 

"Get him here, I'll clean him" he yelled from inside. Jungkook huffed as he picked Junha up and held him at arm's distance to avoid getting booped on the nose by him. 

"Here" he said as he stood out of the bathroom. Taehyung opened the door and took Junha in. "I am proud of you, tiger" Jungkook heard Taehyung say after he locked the bathroom door. "HELLO MISTER!!" Jungkook yelled. "Okay sorry sorry" Taehyung said and he heard the two of them giggle. 

He sighed before noticing the nasty smell. "OHH, THE STOVE!!" he yelled before dashing to the kitchen to turn off the stove, where there was a pan that was almost about to catch fire. 

"Ughhh" he groaned and scrunched up his face as he tipped the contents of the pan into the dustbin and threw the pan in the sink, turning the tap and the exhaust fan on to make the atmosphere breathable. 

It had been a month since Taehyung moved in with him. It had been hard to convince Jin, but even Jin realized that Taehyung was slowly improving and that he couldn't keep his brother under a leash forever. 

Junha turned three years old about three months ago. And with age came naughtiness. Sometimes, it became so hard that Jungkook started to wonder if he was developing anger issues himself.

 As long as Junha was that cute little fluff ball, it was all easy and cute. But now, he had a hard time running from room to room, stopping Junha from messing everything up. 

And to make matters worse, Taehyung thought it would be a brilliant idea to gift a painting set to Junha for his birthday. And he thought it would be a brilliant idea to let Junha try painting. He facepalmed as he realized he should have started with handing him a pencil instead of giving him the painting set. 

He shook his head as he scrubbed the floor clean and flopped onto the couch, spreading his limbs like a starfish. He just finished ordering food for dinner when Taehyung and Junha walked out of the bathroom, looking fresh as ever. 

"So what happened to the stove?" Taehyung asked as he flopped beside him, letting Junha jump onto Jungkook's stomach. 

"Nothing. But the food is in the dustbin now. I ordered Chinese. Is that okay?" Jungkook asked. "Yeah, no problem" Taehyung said. "Is that okay, Junha? You wanna eat noodles?" Jungkook asked. "Yes, yes, yes" Junha said, bouncing up and down on his stomach and making him grunt "Eomma, Eomma, Eomma" in return. 

"Okay, get down. Papa's tummy hurts" Jungkook said, but that only made Junha jump harder. Taehyung picked him up before Jungkook could lose his patience. 

Jungkook sighed. "Am I even gonna pass this semester? I literally haven't touched a single book and I am not concentrating in college either. What am I gonna do?" he asked, looking slightly worried. 

"You have a Professor for a boyfriend, baby. I'll help you, don't worry. Daesan-ssi said that I can have three sessions a week starting next month. I'll have free time, so I'll look after Junha and you can study, okay?" Taehyung asked. "Okay" Jungkook smiled at him. 

'Why did no one warn me about the hard work? Mum knows all about babies, right? Why didn't she warn me that he was going to become naughty?' he thought. 

'That might be because he behaves exceptionally well in front of mum and unfolds his tail only in your presence. She thinks he is a prodigy or something' a small voice reminded him. 

He remembered how his mother scolded him the other day, asking him to stop calling Junha a 'monkey' as he was the most quiet and well-mannered kid she had ever seen. He scoffed. 'She should have seen him now. She definitely would have sprouted ten more white hairs within the night' he thought. 

"FOOD'S HERE!!" Taehyung exclaimed as the doorbell rang. Junha ran to the door before he could even set him down properly. 

It took another hour and a half for them to calm Junha's energy down and get him to sleep. Even though Taehyung moved in with him, Jungkook absolutely refused to let Junha sleep in the other room alone. He hated to let kids sleep alone. 

Taehyung understood him. It wasn't like they did anything intimate, anyways. He was absolutely fine with having Junha sleep between him and Jungkook. 

After what happened six months ago, Taehyung put more distance between them sexually than Jungkook did. And even though Jungkook finally got over everything and forgave Taehyung, he understood that the elder was still guilty about what had happened and was terrified of letting his mind take control. 

'It's okay' Jungkook thought. He could wait. He could wait till Taehyung was confident enough to let his mind take control again. He could wait for him.