51. Calm down, honey

Jungkook could almost feel the smoke coming out of his ears as he paced around in his room. If there was something he never ever wanted to hear from Junha's mouth, it was that Taehyung wasn't his father. He felt tears form in his eyes as he recalled the scene from earlier. 

He looked down at his hand. Blood was still rushing to his palm from the impact of the slap. He felt very bad for slapping him, but Junha needed to know his mistake. Jungkook had always been a strict parent. 

Even though he was light when it came to dating, he was strict when it came to behaviour and manners. Of all the things, he had not expected to get a call from Junha's school saying that he had been bunking classes and that he had been caught smoking behind the school with a bunch of seniors. 

When Jimin had called him to ask if something was up with Junha, he didn't take it too seriously. He did feel bad for Jeongyeon, but he didn't think it would be nice for parents to get involved in their kids' dating matters. 

Even Jimin wouldn't have involved if not for how upset Jeongyeon was. But soon, he started getting calls from school complaining that Junha was bunking classes. 

He didn't take that seriously either. That wasn't a worrying matter as he had bunked a few classes himself when he was in high school. 

But he got worried with how frequently the calls came in. Still, he decided to give him some space, hoping that he would get his shit together and sort out whatever was bothering him. But the second he got a call saying he was caught smoking, he knew he had to step in. He would tolerate anything. But rebelling would NOT be tolerated in his household. 

He also noticed how shitty Junha had been behaving with Taehyung. He hoped the two of them would sort it out without him having to be involved. But the second Junha snapped at Taehyung for trying to help him and called Taehyung a bastard, he lost it. 

He had half a mind to go out of his room and calm everything down and just cover everything up. As they had a holiday, he had invited his friends for dinner. And he was sure they would be there at any moment. He didn't want them to see the drama, but then again, he didn't want to cover it up either. 

Junha made a mistake and he had to pay for it, no matter what. But then again, there was something called a 'family secret'. He finally decided to just stop them and continue the whole thing after dinner when he heard Taehyung asking Junha if he had done something wrong. 

His heart broke. It was one of the most painful things a parent could ever go through - asking their child if they had done something wrong. And Taehyung's voice, even though controlled, clearly told him that he was very angry. 

He went back and sat on the bed, deciding to let them sort it out as they had started it anyways. But he realized that the conversation was taking a very bad turn when Junha asked Taehyung if he blackmailed Jungkook into marrying him. 

'The hell is he talking about? What the hell eve-' his thought was cut short with Junha's next words. "YOU RAPED HIM DIDN'T YOU??"

His eyes widened as he gasped. His first thought was 'How the fuck did he come to know about it?!?!?!' 

But before he could work out his next thought, a growl cut through the house. He froze as he realized what was about to come. It had been six years since Taehyung had lost control. He had been working really hard on his anger issues and had done an excellent job in controlling himself. 

The last time he had lost control, Junha hadn't been there. It had just been him and Taehyung. That meant that Junha had never, ever seen Taehyung lose control. Of course, Junha had heard stories of Taehyung losing control repeatedly. But he had never seen it himself. And the thought itself still terrified Jungkook. 

He scrambled towards the door in a hurry, his fingers shaking as he struggled with the bolt of his door. 

He almost stumbled as he ran to the living room. As expected, he found Junha under choke hold, with Taehyung burning the soul out of his eyes. Junha stared straight at Taehyung while his body trembled with fear. 

"I've had enough with your ungrateful ass, you fuc-" 

"TAE! Calm down! Come on, calm down, baby!" Jungkook said as he tried to pull him away from Junha. "Let go" Taehyung growled. 

"No. You will regret it later, Tae. Come on, breathe. Take a deep breath. You've learnt it. This is easy. Now come on, calm down, honey" Jungkook said in the smoothest voice he could muster, given the situation. 

Junha's tears were freely running down his face from the pure terror of being choked and getting stared down the way Taehyung did. 

He swore he could see Taehyung's eyes become a dangerous shade of red. He had heard stories and stories of Taehyung losing control. But he had always dismissed the 'red eyes' away as exaggeration. 

But here he was, trembling after witnessing the 'red eyes' himself. And he would be lying if he said it didn't terrify him. Taehyung still hadn't let go of his throat, but the hold was slightly looser. 

Jungkook noticed it as well. "That's it. Good job, Tae. Calm down" Jungkook said, once again making his voice as sweet and smooth as possible. Taehyung still kept glaring at Junha. 

After a few more minutes, he let go of Junha's throat and jerked Jungkook's hands away from his arms before releasing an angry yell. 

Junha slid down the wall with his hands around his throat. Jungkook flinched and looked at Junha. He was coughing as he tried to catch his breath, but Taehyung was Jungkook's priority right then. 

If he didn't calm down first, god knows what would happen next. Junha kept muttering "I'm sorry" again and again as he cried. Taehyung yelled again before turning towards Jungkook. But before he could make a move, the front door burst open. 

"What the hell? I heard Tae yell. Is eve- Oh my god" Jin froze on the threshold with Namjoon right behind him and Dohyeon right behind Namjoon. 

"What's going on?" he asked as he ran towards Taehyung and threw his arms around him, restraining him in his hold. Dohyeon and Namjoon ran towards Junha and helped him up. 

Taehyung elbowed Jin in his chest, but Jin didn't let go. He struggled against his hold, growling at him to let him go. Again, Jin stayed firm. 

"Joon, take the kids away" he said. Junha got up on shaky legs. Dohyeon immediately wrapped an arm around his waist and helped him to his room, followed by Namjoon. 

Junha was still trembling and crying as the three of them entered his room. They could still hear Taehyung's growls. 

Suddenly, a slap echoed around the house and everything fell silent for a few seconds before they heard an exclamation from Taehyung. He sounded excited. 

"Hyung!! When the hell did you come?? I didn't see you coming! Where's Namjoon hyung and Dohyeon?"