27. The damage

To say Jungkook was upset would be the understatement of the century. He was more than upset. He didn't know whether to call himself upset, angry, irritated or sad. 

He had tried calling Taehyung the previous night, but the latter never answered. Neither his calls, nor his texts. He thought of visiting Taehyung during the lunch break, but they had a morning class that day. The second Taehyung entered the class, Jungkook gasped. 

Not just Jungkook, but the whole class gasped. The hot Professor that everyone admired was now standing in front of them with a cast on his right wrist and a bandage on his left arm which slightly poked out of his rolled up sleeves. 

He had heavy make up on his face. Jungkook would have found him hot in that makeup if he hadn't realised that the make up was hiding a lot more stuff on his face. 

But what bothered him was that Taehyung didn't look at him even once during the whole two hours of block periods. 

Taehyung had purposefully settled on one of the empty benches in Jungkook's row and had faced the remaining class, almost turning his back to the people in the row he was sitting in. 

Jungkook didn't know if Taehyung was really avoiding him or if he had more injuries on his legs that didn't let him stand for two hours. But it really hurt, taking into consideration what happened the previous day. 

In every class, Taehyung made sure to look at Jungkook once right after entering the class and once right before leaving. But it didn't happen that day. And that was how Jungkook lost the courage to meet him in the lunch break. 

He hoped to talk to him at least after college, but he noticed Jin waiting for Taehyung in a car outside the college. He didn't expect Jin to be that serious about separating the two of them. 

But what shocked him more was the cast on Jin's nose, a black eye and a torn lip. 

'Damn!! So Jin hyung broke Taehyung's hand and wounded his left arm, and Taehyung broke Jin hyung's nose and gave him a black eye and god knows what else the two of them did to each other' Jungkook thought. 

The makeup on Taehyung's face made him realize that Taehyung must have had a black eye too. 'Damn, these brothers!' Jungkook thought as he gaped at Jin, who brought his hand up to the wheel when he noticed Taehyung walking towards the car with a scowl on his face. 

Jungkook gasped when he noticed a cast on Jin's hand as well. 'How many bones did the two of you break????' he thought as he took his phone out and called Namjoon. 

"Hyung!!" he called out as soon as Namjoon answered the call.
"Hey!"
"Hyung! I am in college right now and I just saw Taehyung and Jin hyung! Exactly how much damage did they do to each other?!?!" Jungkook asked.

Namjoon could hear the shock and surprise in Jungkook's voice. Jungkook watched as Jin and Taehyung left. Neither of them greeted each other. Namjoon sighed, realizing that Jungkook did not understand how badly the brothers fight when he explained it to him the previous day. 

"You really want to know??" he asked. 

"Yeah! Taehyung has a cast on his right wrist and a bandage on his left arm and makeup on his face and Jin hyung has a cast on his nose and his left hand has a cast and he has a black eye and I don't know what else they have!!" Jungkook exclaimed. 

Namjoon chuckled. "Taehyung has a busted lip, a big wound on his right shoulder and left arm, a black eye, a broken wrist, a cramped thigh and two bruised legs. Jin has a wounded chest, a sprained ankle, a broken arm, a black eye and a busted lip. Oh wait! A broken nose and a bruised jaw. Our house has a broken TV and two broken vases" he said, as if he were reading them off a list. 

Jungkook had his mouth hung open as Namjoon listed off the damage the two of them made during the fight. "Ho-" his voice broke. He cleared his throat and tried again. "How is Jin hyung being able to drive with a sprained ankle? Taehyung's gait seemed normal too" he said, walking back to his car. 

"They have had the injuries so many times that they stopped feeling the pain. It doesn't affect their gait anymore. If you look at Jin walking, you wouldn't even know that he sprained his ankle until he tells you himself. They are that good at hiding it" Namjoon said. 

"Ohh. But that's horrible!! Like how could they fight soo much even after hurting each other?! Like how?!?!!!!!" Jungkook exclaimed as he put his phone on speaker and started driving back home. 

"They won't notice it, Kook. Not until their adrenaline wears off. But by then, they would have hurt each other badly. Now you know what would have happened to me if I had tried to stop them, right?" Namjoon asked. 

"Yeahh" Jungkook said. "So what happened yesterday?" he asked. "After I went back home?" Namjoon asked. "Haan" Jungkook said. 

"The two of them were on the floor, panting and glaring at each other and were just about to jump at each other once again, but Dohyeon kinda ran to Jin without realizing that he was injured and jumped onto his lap. That kinda brought them back to their senses. 

I took the two of them to hospital and even the doctors were gawking at them when they came to know that it was a sibling fight. I brought them back home after the doctors patched them up, but they were glaring at each other the whole time. 

I swear I even heard Taehyung growl at one point. After coming back home, I literally had to push Taehyung into his room and pull Jin with me and you know how the rest would have gone. 

They were at each other's throats this morning as well. Taehyung legit hissed at Jin the second he saw him and Jin hissed back at him and I was sure they were going to have a snake fight or something in the kitchen. But again, Dohyeon brought them back to their senses" Namjoon chuckled. 

Jungkook didn't have words to describe how he felt. What bothered him more than the fight was how casually Namjoon was talking about it. 

"Woah. And Jin hyung has it less than Taehyung?" he asked. "Yeah....like I said, he gets angry very rarely. But when he does, it isn't pleasant" Namjoon said. 

"But why is Jin hyung behaving like this? I mean, he didn't have any problem when Taehyung dated and married Minho, right?" Jungkook asked. "Even I dunno the answer to that, kook! Even I am as confused as you are as to why Jin is suddenly acting like this" Namjoon said. 

"Hmm....okay, I have to go now. Junha is already running towards me" Jungkook said, pulling up in front of his parents' house. "Okay, bye" Namjoon said and hung up. 

Jungkook smiled at Junha, who was indeed running towards him the second he heard the sound of the car. Just like every time, one look at that shiny ball of fluff made Jungkook forget all of his previous worries. 

"Papa, I wan' ish c'eam. G'anny no' givin' thaiga ish c'eam" Junha pouted, sounding very sad and twisting Jungkook's earring as Jungkook picked him up and walked into the house. 

"Really?? Where is Granny?? Come on, let's go and beat Granny!" Jungkook said with wide eyes, prying Junha's hands off his earring. 

He set him down and went to his mother. "What is this, Granny?? My son says you did not give him ice cream!! Why didn't you listen to him??" Jungkook said, placing a hand on his mother's shoulder and hitting his hand hard. His mother chuckled lightly before feigning pain. 

"I am sorry, tiger!! Come, I will give you ice cream" she said, looking at Junha who was satisfied that his 'Bad Granny' got a beating from his 'Good Papa'. "No! We will go out and eat ish c'eam! Right, tiger?" Jungkook asked, pronouncing 'ice cream' the way Junha did. 

"Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes" Junha yelled, jumping up and down with excitement. "Come on, let's go! Bye, mom" Jungkook said, picking up his son and walking out of the house. His mother followed them out, chuckling all the way. 

"Bye, Junha!" she exclaimed. "No ish c'eam fo' G'anny!!" Junha said in a sing-song voice, sticking his tongue out at her and shaking his head, making a noise along with it. Both Jungkook and his mother burst out. "Okaiie, big boy! No ice cream for Granny!" Jungkook chuckled as he waved at his mother once again and got into his car.