Chapter 34

Harry spent the whole day pacing around his room and feeling physically sick with worry. It felt like a normal Saturday evening with the three friends in Harry's room but for Harry, it was the exact opposite.

"She emailed me the work so that we can catch up. Everything should calm down after tomorrow so we have more time to focus on school." Liam spoke but no one was really listening. Harry was deep in his thoughts, throwing a tennis ball at the wall and then catching it when it bounced back. Louis just didn't care so he zoned Liam out.

"It's rude to ignore people, you know?"

"Why are we talking about school when we should be in the hall with Des, helping out?" Louis groaned out. "It's a big day tomorrow, guys, and quite frankly, I'm very excited!"

"Excited?" Harry caught the ball and raised his eyebrow at Louis.

"Well yeah, we can finally get a break after it's all over. And we'll get paid for our hard work. I say we go on holiday soon. We deserve it." Louis got up from the desk chair and walked over to the bed so that he could lie on his stomach next to Harry. "What do you say, Hazza?"

"Hm, sounds good." It didn't really but he had no energy to hold a conversation.

"I'm thinking Vegas!"

"Vegas?! We have final exams in a couple of months, Lou and anyway we're all underaged."

"Fake IDs, duh!"

"You're dumb." The two boys started bickering but Harry zoned them out. He had to mentally prepare himself for what was going to happen. And he was scared out of his mind. If he made one little wrong move, it would be bad for them. He had to stay one step ahead of everyone including his own best friends.

"Harry?" Louis shook Harry's shoulder to get his attention once Liam left to get food.

"Hm?"

"I asked if you wanted to go out to dinner tonight?"

"Not really."

"Oh...we can order food and watch a movie...just me and you." He was trying to hint at what he wanted but Harry wasn't catching on.

"I'm asking you out on a date, Harry." Louis groaned and rolled on to his back.

"Oh..." he didn't know what to say. He only saw Lou as a really good friend and nothing more but he didn't want to break his heart. "Yeah...sure."

Louis sat up, excitedly, beaming from ear to ear. He reached out and took a hold of Harry's hand. Harry looked down at their hands with a blank expression. For some reason, he felt that their hands didn't fit together...unlike last night when Zayn had held his hand and that small touch had ignited a fire within him. Louis noticed how Harry hadn't closed his hand around his own so he cleared his throat, awkwardly, and took his hand away.

"Des is calling us!" Liam poked his head through the bedroom door and left just as quick.

Desmond was sitting in the living room, which was an odd sight because he's always in his office. Harry noticed Tom standing next to his father and a couple shopping bags next to them. The last time Harry had seen Tom, it didn't end well.

"What's in the bag?" Louis asked as he came down the stairs.

"Good question, Louis. I sent Tom out to go shopping and pick out something nice for them. This one-" Desmond ruffled through the bags before finding the one he was looking for, "is for...what's his name? The boy downstairs?"

"Zayn." Harry said, annoyed that his dad didn't even care to remember his name. But then again, why would he?

"Yes, that one. The investors interested in him wanted to see him in something like this." He pulled out black skin tight jeans.