Chapter 44

Zayn was passed out on the chair with his head hanging down and hair covering his face. He started to gain consciousness, again. His head felt too heavy to hold up and so he let it roll back.

"Zayn, you awake?" Harry was waiting for him to wake up after he passed out when everyone left. Zayn used all his strength to lift his pounding head up and open his eyes.

"I blacked out?" He questioned.

"Yeah, you did."

"Zayn..." Harry didn't know what to say, he didn't know how to comfort him. "Are you okay?" Zayn didn't reply.

"I'm so sorry, Zayn, I promise you, you will get the justice you deserve. You, Perrie, everyone else. You all deserve justice, a-and you'll get it, mark my words." There was a new fire that had ignited inside of him. The hatred he felt for Desmond, himself and every single person that was standing in the room, had heightened and he was ready to do everything in his willpower to take them down. One by one.

Time was going by slow as they sat in complete silence, Zayn falling in and out of consciousness while Harry rested his head back on the pillar. A faint beam of light entered the room as the door creaked open.

"I don't want to see your faces." Harry muttered as the two boys came closer.

"What did you expect us to do?" Liam asked. Harry looked up through his curly hair.

"Anything. You could've done anything instead of just standing there."

"Harry, you, out of all people, know that we couldn't do anything, Desmond-"

"FUCK HIM!" He shouted, suddenly, "I don't ever want to hear his name again. You guys could've done anything to help but you chose not to."

"I'm sorry."

"What's sorry going to do?" And then it hit him, "if you're truly sorry, you will untie me." Liam exchanged a look with Louis, he wanted so badly to help Harry but he knew there would be major consequences.

"You know we can't-" Liam started to speak but stopped when Louis stepped forward and towards Harry.

He pulled a knife out from the band of his trousers and walked towards him, kneeling down so they were face to face.

"You fucked me over, Harry. You took my heart from me and stepped all over it. And even still, I can't stop thinking about you. I still care about you. I care so much that I can't bare to see you like this. So I'm going to untie you. I want you to put a stop to this and then I never want to see your face, again." Harry didn't know what to say. He was confused and shocked but he nodded, anyway.

Louis stood back up and went behind him to cut the rope. As soon as he was free, Harry pulled his chaffed and bloody hands to his chest.

"Louis, I-" he started but was cut off.

"Go before it's too late. Here's your phone." He handed him the phone and Harry didn't waste any time in standing up and running over to Zayn. He lifted his chin up and brushed his hair away from his face.

"Zayn, hey, wake up. Come on, we're getting out of here." He gently patted his cheek and Zayn's eyes fluttered open. He looked dazed and confused as he looked at Harry through his blurred vision.

"That's it, open your eyes. I'm going to untie you, ok?" Whoever had tied Zayn's wrists to the arm of the chair had done one heck of a job because Harry was struggling with to undo it. He groaned out in frustration when someone came up from behind him.

Liam moved Harry out of the way and used his knife to cut the ropes. Harry silently thanked him and helped Zayn up.

"You might want to take the back door." Liam said and walked them over to the back. As soon as he opened the door, the cold attacked them and Harry held Zayn even closer. Liam held the door open for them, watching them walk out into the pouring rain. Harry looked back at his friends one last time.