Chapter 35

Gazing straight ahead, only half aware of the world outside the warm car, Zayn's mind was wondering all over the place. Where was he taking him? What if this is what happened with Perrie? Could he trust him?

Zayn's worries were put on pause as white flakes began to dance in the streetlights. The more he watched, the wider his eyes grew in excitement.

"It's snowing." He pointed out, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, it is." Harry said, nonchalantly. Zayn bit down the inside of his cheek as the urge to jump out of the car and feel the snow on his skin overcame him. Harry looked away from the road and at the boy next to him who was staring at the snow in awe. He pulled over to the side of the road and undid his seatbelt before opening the door.

"Wait, where are we?" Zayn asked.

"We've been in the car for too long, let's get some fresh air." The only reason Harry stopped the car was because he could see Zayn wanted to get out for abit. Zayn followed his actions.

Harry leaned on the car bonnet, crossing his arms over his chest to keep himself warm. Zayn on the other hand welcomed the weather like an old friend.

"Zayn, you should wear your jacket." Harry commented. Zayn had taken his jacket off in the car, only left in a short sleeve T-shirt. He shook his head and looked up at the sky, scrunching up his face as flakes of icy snow landed on his eyelashes. He stuck his arms out and slowly spun around, wanting the cold to touch every part of his skin.

"Come join me!" He stopped and waved Harry over but Harry declined his offer with a shake of his head.

"Please!"

"No, Zayn, I just want to stand here and watch."

"That's creepy and anyway I'm not taking no for an answer." He stomped over to him and grabbed his hand, dragging him to the middle of the road. He holds on to Harry's hands and makes him spin around with him. Zayn let out a laugh at how miserable Harry was trying to look.

"It's so pretty!" Zayn shouts still spinning with him.

"So pretty." Harry said, a small smile playing on his lips. He wasn't talking about the snow.

Zayn let go of Harry's hands and began jumping around him, arms swinging wildly.

The rain and snow had turned the roads into an ice rink which Zayn was stumbling over as he spun around, letting out throaty laughter.

"Be careful-" As soon as the words left Harry's mouth, Zayn let out a shriek as his feet slipped. He tumbled, reaching forward to grab on to Harry's arm but dragged him down too. They landed with a thud, Zayn on his back and Harry right on top of him.

"Ouch." Zayn groaned.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked, lifting himself slightly.

"No," Zayn mumbled then began to giggle like a little kid, "but it was fun though!" Harry rolled his eyes.

"You really had to drag me down with you, didn't you?"

"If I'm going down, you're going down with me." He grinned. His breath fanned Harry's face and he felt the heat warming him up. He noticed how close they really were and he wished he hadn't noticed because now he could feel himself losing all control. His gaze fell on his lips and his heart began to beat out of his chest. He leaned in so that his forehead rested on Zayn's, both their breaths shaking.

"Zayn..." Harry's voice had dropped an octave, as their lips were now just inches apart. He didn't have to say anything else when he saw Zayn close his eyes and part his lips.