i - wedding kerfuffle

YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED TO WITNESS THE MARRIAGE
OF
DELILAH MARIE LAWSON
AND
HENRY WILLIAM PREACHER
ON THE
5TH OF SEPTEMBER

I gloss over all the other details as I hold onto a beautifully crafted wedding invitation of my bestfriend slash sister . This has been the longest time coming and I couldn't be more thrilled that she's finally marrying the love of her life and honestly the best brother I could have ever asked for.

Sitting down on my couch I grab my phone and dial her out, "Hey Lilah-" , "Yep, it is so beautiful!" , "Dinner tomorrow? Okay." The phone cut off and I look at it , she seemed a bit nervous ....

The next day came and I got home early from work . I decided to get into something a bit more casual since I didn't know how long Lilah and I were going to be . She mentioned my favorite burger place so I made sure to eat as little as possible all day . I knew the calories I was going to inhale would cap me out for my limit .

My personal trainer tracks all my meals so hopefully he won't get too upset when I log this in later. About 20 minutes later I'm out the door and driving to meet my sister.

"Aria!" she waves at me as soon as I enter . I wave back at her and make my way to the booth.

"I got you your favorite , cookies and cream milkshake," she says as she pushes the cup towards me .

I give her a funny look, she normally doesn't do this , so something is definitely up, "Okay, spill it."

She gives me her puppy dog eyes , "First, I want you to know that I tried so hard in your favor. But William wasn't going to budge ."

Delilah starts off, I can already feel the knots forming in my stomach, "As you know , Dylan is going to be there," the knots tighten , "he's going to be the best man ."

I knew the possibility was always going to be there , I was hoping that he would've made an excuse to not come. But now here we are , my sister looking nervous as all hell, "Ar, you guys will be walking down the aisle together since you're my Maid of Honor."

And there it is , the final tug to the rope . Suddenly I was no longer hungry, "Lilah, you can't ask me to do that," I argue with her.

Looking absolutely apologetic, "I know, I'm sorry . But I need you and he's going to be there," she looks like she has more to say to me.

Already irritated, "What?"

"Dylan is bringing a date," it feels like my ears are in some drums that are beating , "he's bringing his fiance."

"Fiance?" I say in disbelief.

She nods at me , "We just found out that he popped the question to her . We're not entirely sure he wanted to ask her but here we are."

I start nodding my head , "I can't go," I fluster out.

"You have to come ! You're my baby sister and my bestfriend. Plus you can't let that ass of a 'man' scare you off like that. You know that there will be times you'll see him at gatherings."

I groan knowing she's right . I sit back and try to calm myself down , "I know . But what the heck am I going to do?"

She gives me this knowing look, "You're going to show up like the amazing bad ass woman I know you are . You will not let Dylan win . You will not show weakness to that dog and his rat."