xi - dinner

The rest of the week went by smoothly.  Trip agreed to keep a low profile and get out of the city . I spent most of my week helping him find a nice home and then interviewed different people for the specialities I required . Of course once we had a set staff we needed them to all sign NDA contracts to make sure that not a word got out.

We were doing a complete overhaul and I was to oversee that this was a complete success . The only way to clean up his image was to clean him up completely . He fought me on a few things but I won out every time .

Philips and Wright were impressed , so far , and so they left me to do my work . Of course Trip wasn't my only client so I would be making a few visits throughout the week to his home and back into the city.

Saturday was finally here and I was happy to finally be away from work things . Alex and I texted a few times during the week, mostly him asking me how everything was coming along . Once the NDA's were signed,  I told him that I cant disclose any more information to him .

Sonja hardly saw me so while I was getting ready she sat in my bed playing catch up, "So you're going on a date tonight with Alex?" She grins.

"We're going to dinner . I called him out about Penny , remember?" I remind her , "So he's going to explain everything to me tonight."

"It doesn't bother you? That he's in love with another woman?"

"Why would it bother me? He's not really my boyfriend.  He's become a good friend , I suppose, but I'm not romantically interested in him," I tell her.

"That's probably because you're interested in his older, much hotter- if that was even possible, brother," she says while pressing the back of her hand to her forehead and taking a faint.

"Warren is my 'boyfriend's' brother. Nothing more , nothing less," I say .

"That's not what your body was saying," I regret telling her about that, "there's nothing wrong with fantasizing about the man."

"There is, it'll make me lose my concentration," I say in irritation.

"Concentration for what?" She goads me.

"The plan!"

Smirking,  "The plan was to stick it to Dylan and Bitchny. And you already succeeded during brunch. They already expect you guys at the wedding so that's already solid."

I give her an annoyed look, "Yes but I'm also helping him . My part is taken care of but his isn't yet . Plus there's more to this Penelope story then he leads on . I'm curious."

"So you're sure it's not jealousy?" She asks .

"Positive. I have so much other stuff on my plate . Plus Trip is taking a good chunk of my time."

"Fine fine... any idea where Alex is taking you?"

"He said to dress up nicely, I'm not sure, but I hope this is okay, " I turn around showing off my LBD* (little black dress).

"It's  perfect, just enough cleavage to entice your 'boyfriend'. "

I shake my head , she's definitely not letting this go.

○○○

Alex pulls up to my apartment and does the gentleman thing and comes up to our door . I was a bit surprised by the gesture , to which was not lost on Sonja . All she did was smirk .

"You look beautiful tonight," he says giving me an appreciative look.

I blushed at the compliment and returned it with , "you look rather handsome yourself," I say as I drank in his appearance . He's wearing a white button down with the sleeves rolled up , accentuating his biceps.  They're tucked into his gray slacks that hug his backside in the right spot . I couldn't help but admire the vision in front of me.